Default Can the Workers Comp Insurance Company Reveal Information Regarding Your claim

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: nevada

Can my workers comp company reveal info regarding my claim or settlement to my now ex employer?
    Last edited by Lonita; 06-19-2018 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Wrong

Default Re: Can the Workers Comp Insurance Company Reveal Information Regarding Your claim

Quote Quoting Lonita View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: nevada

Can my workers comp company reveal info regarding my claim or settlement to my now ex employer?
    Actually, that's their "worker comp company" they paid for the insurance.
    They have to keep the liable employer updated on your claim - the past employer knows everything if they are the liable employer.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Can the Workers Comp Insurance Company Reveal Information Regarding Your claim

Quote Quoting tony View Post
    Actually, that's their "worker comp company" they paid for the insurance.
    They have to keep the liable employer updated on your claim - the past employer knows everything if they are the liable employer.

Tony
    Thanks Tony! New question, if I am in the middle of getting an approved doctors second opinion can my original doctor and workers comp release me and stop my temporary disability? Also, when you say everything, do you mean my personal medical information?
    Last edited by Lonita; 06-20-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks Tony! New question, if I am in the middle of getting an approved doctors second opinion can my original doctor and workers comp release me and stop my temporary disability? Also, when you say everything, do you mean my personal medical information?
    Medical info is private, yes they can release you and stop benefits.
    You need to consult a lawyer if you're not clear on whats going on with your claim.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Also, do you know if I can ask for and receive retraining instead of a ppd settlement?

Also, do you know if I can ask for and receive retraining instead of a ppd settlement?
    You can get both - You'd better have to have a lawyer evaluate your claim.

Tony

Thank you for the advice Tony, I contacted a lawyer to set up a consult appt.