Default Reopened My Comp Case and Trying for Sif

was hurt in 2005 finally made a settlement with comp for 37.5 back and 15 for neurological total 52.5 in 2012. Was approved for ssdi in 2008 haven't worked since injury. In 2014 was having issues with back again to comp 6 months to get me in to see doctor in meantime leg keep giving out on me which caused me to fall and torn rotar cuff on right side and that was dominant hand. They denied claim Medicare paid final got released 2017 had 4 more I M E with original 4 doctors. I have old injuries left wrist fusion hernited disks at c4c5 and right broken leg at ankle. Your option would do you see happening thanks for answers

Can someone answrr this question the schedule of disability gos to 600 weeks and I here people say that sif gos to 450 weeks if already 52.5 which is 315 weeks and you get approved for SIF why would ins help you win case they would only have to pay another 135 weeks confused thanks for answering

Default Re: Reopened My Comp Case and Trying for Sif

Joe Bright,
    You have made a settlement on this case the time to apply for SIF would have been b-4 this settlement. This schedule of disability "may" go up to 600 weeks if you continue to meet the criteria and are not ever MMI'd.

Getting approved for the SIF is a HUGE advantage 1) this is unreported $$$ you dont get a 1099, you get the exact same amount per week that you got when you first got hurt, which is much more than SSDI could be paying you.You are mistaken SIF may continue till death. After 450 weeks of SIF you are reevaluated by a DR of your choice and all the Dr needs to say is your remain totally and permanently disabled. The insurance company in many c ases files for thiss benefit on behalf of the IW because their liability will end upon MMI whereis in your case it continues to be their liability.

If a lawyer mentioned the SIF to you please seek a second opinion from an experience WC/total disability lawyer as you just cant un-ring the bell of your 1st award in exchange for a better award years later.This is the 1st time a question like this has ever been asked and Im sure that may be why you.I beleive thee only way you may be eligible for SIF is to return to work which is perfectly OK but then re-injury the exact same disc or any disk as a slipped,herniated,bulging discs are all considered DDD or Degenerative Disc Disorder. Most importantly it not the extent of the injury that leaves you disabled, not the disorder itself. , its the PAIN you suffer because of the disorder

SIF is VERY COMPLEX UO and if you do apply for it I suggest having a sincere,caring and knowledgeable support team as well the same kind of lawyer. Ask questions and keep a log
    I hope THIS HELPS u out And Welcome to the NJ WC Forum. I am very sure we could have helped you head down a better path, but its so hard go say without knowing ALL`the facts

GOOD LUCK

BUG

Thanks bug I did file the first time but totals weren't quiet there but with the back getting worse and Mri showing that and causing the right leg issues and causing me to tear rotator cuff wouldn't that give the 100% which would include old injuries also was also reevaluate by ssdi and they said still total. Thanks

IT IS THE PAIN YOU SUFFER FROM THAT PREVENTS YOU FROM WORK, HAVING LIMITED SIT/ STAND/ WALK/ NO PUSHING, PULLING OR CLIMBING LIMITATIONS SHOULD EXCLUDE ALL FORMS OF WORK THAT ARE AVAILABLE IT TODAYS ECONOMY. ONCE THIS IS ESTABLISHED IT IS UP TO THE CDOMMISSIONER TO GIVE JOBS THAT ARE ABUNDENT IN TODAYS ECONOMY. hECK THERE ARE NOT JOBS OUT THERE FOR THOSE WITH NO IMPAIRMENT. ALSO THE JOB MUST EQUAL OR EXCEDE YOUR PAY FROM THE JOB YOU LOST GETTING HURT AT

BUG