Default Fallen Not Once but Twice

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Maryland and because my boss put me back at full work status 2 months after surgery I fell again at work re-injuring same previous area. I havenít worked since June 19 and also havenít received any payments. I am a single parent I canít pay for her school supplies I take medicationsI need monthly, just purchased a car that canít pay and now Iím defult lowering my credit scores. Canít pay for insurance,cell phones, gas and rent or food.

[QUOTE=KenMb18;209230]My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Maryland and because my boss put me back at full work status 2 months after surgery I fell again at work re-injuring same previous area. I havenít worked since June 19 and also havenít received any payments. I am a single parent I canít pay for her school supplies I take medicationsI need monthly, just purchased a car that canít pay and now Iím defult lowering my credit scores. Canít pay for insurance,cell phones, gas and rent or food.I have a lawyer involved. Iíve contacted the commissioner,my HR and the company handling my case with no success. They wonder why people take their own lives and others because of this nonsense and lack of excuses why I have to suffer along with my daughter and family and not to mention I have a dog that needs surgery. They claim over payment but if I hadnít been forced to do the work my boss had made me then I wouldnít have fallen again while still under doctors care and have to be off work that they couldíve taken whatever overage out of my settlement. Now I have 2 settlements and they havenít even closed the first injury from January 9,2018.
    Last edited by KenMb18; 08-01-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Default Re: Fallen Not Once but Twice

KenMb18
    my boss put me back at full work status 2 months after surgery
    Your boss has nothing to do with it, that's 100% your doctors call.

I havenít worked since June 19 and also havenít received any payments.
    So they denied your claim?
    Without knowing why, it's impossible to comment.

Now I have 2 settlements and they havenít even closed the first injury from January 9,2018.
    How do you figure that, your claim is denied?
    On top of the fact this is all considered one injury, if you prevail it'll be one settlement.

What type of injury are we referring to?

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Unhappy Re: Fallen Not Once but Twice

My injury is a torn rotator cuff. Had surgery to fix March 13 returned to work still under doctors care but on light duty. My boss decided to put me on full duty and then I fell again with a MRI showing tears again in the same rotator cuff. I have my follow up appt Aug. 15 to decide what my options are.

Thank you and yes I’ve been informed that he had no right to make me work the loads he had given me but this type of boss doesn’t take no very litely. I have a lawyer involved in my case but Workman comp is still not paying me even tho my claim has been approved since January when my original accident happened. I just can’t understand why they can hold money knowing I’m a single parent with bills and a child all because they over paid me I feel that they didn’t follow procedures and I’m suffering with nothing I can do.

KenMb18
    I’ve been informed that he had no right to make me work the loads he had given
    Those restrictions are on you to enforce, no one can "make you" do anything.
    You go to work, do your best within your restrictions and force the employers hand - they can either accommodate or lay you off, either way you'll still be eligible for wage loss benefits.

I have a lawyer involved in my case but Workman comp is still not paying me even tho my claim has been approved since January when my original accident happened. I just can’t understand why they can hold money
    Something's missing here, they can't "hold money" on an accepted claim, there's no incentive for them to do so - especially with a represented claimant.
    Why are they not paying, what reason are they giving?
    If you have an attorney, did he file for an expedited hearing to get benefits reinstated?

Tony
    Last edited by tony; 08-07-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.