Default SSDI Was Reduced Due to Comp. and Remains After Comp Checks Stopped

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Illinois.

Itís been 18 months since comp checks stopped, they are leaving it reduced till settlement with comp. Iím expecting my settlement to be structured much less than the $1,100. per week I was getting from comp. will SSDI give me back pay for the thousands of dollars theyíve held back?

Default Re: SSDI Was Reduced Due to Comp. and Remains After Comp Checks Stopped

Quote Quoting Plumber 1 View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Illinois.

It’s been 18 months since comp checks stopped, they are leaving it reduced till settlement with comp. I’m expecting my settlement to be structured much less than the $1,100. per week I was getting from comp. will SSDI give me back pay for the thousands of dollars they’ve held back?
    Very hard to make heads or tails from your post.......SSDI will be reduced (80% rule)if your receiving WC checks.................Now if you are filing for SSDI and you use the date of your injury and get accepted to SSDI you will get back pay to the date you were disabled/injured.

Sorry for the confusion, I was approved for SSDI April 2017. They reduced it by 40% due to workers comp checks I was receiving when I applied in December 2016. I stopped receiving comp checks in February 2017. My SSDI is still being reduced. They say pending a lump sum settlement. My settlement is expected to be structured for lifetime and no where close to the monthly total of what my comp benefits were, due to the fact they know Iím receiving a disability pension from my local union. Will they back pay and adjust my SSDI when settlement is reached?
    Thanks for your response.

Quote Quoting Plumber 1 View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, I was approved for SSDI April 2017. They reduced it by 40% due to workers comp checks I was receiving when I applied in December 2016. I stopped receiving comp checks in February 2017. My SSDI is still being reduced. They say pending a lump sum settlement. My settlement is expected to be structured for lifetime and no where close to the monthly total of what my comp benefits were, due to the fact they know I’m receiving a disability pension from my local union. Will they back pay and adjust my SSDI when settlement is reached?
    Thanks for your response.
    I had same thing happen.....Now my SSDI reduction and MSA all ended at the same time.....It took me over 9 months to get it straightened out ...Now I sure hope your attorney puts the right language in it as you shouldnt get penalized?....If everything is clear and there is a solid date I will "assume" you would get back pay.....I dont remember if I did or not???? I have a very poor memory.

SS administration is very back logged, and their funding is getting cut left and right so you could be looking at months just to find out about your MSA.....I think it took me 4 months because it went back and forth, ended up setting aside twice as much as the original offer for the MSA.

By MSA are you referring to medical set aside for Medicare? I believe that will be part of the settlement. Comp wonít even pay for my meds that pertain to the injury. I send the receipts to my attorney.
    Yes my settlement must be worded correctly to spread out over life expectancies. I think they can figure till age 74? Iím 59

Yes MSA, Medicare Set Aside.