Default Untimely Checks, Seeking Some Additional Insight Please Read

Hello, we're seeking information related to untimely payments from the Kansas workers comp. It seems to be happening ALOT lately. We're on our 3rd week of not receiving a payment. Workers comp has told us that its because a new case worker was assigned to my case. My lawyers assistant said they can be up to 20 days late. I feel this can't be true, if it were surely there'd be a ton of ppl homeless, without cars, without food etc....Is there something the lawyer could be doing to ensure this doesn't keep happening? Is there something we can do? We've looked all morning via google search to see what we could find out about this issue but we can't find anything directly related so we're hoping someone here might have some insight. Thanks so much

Default Re: Untimely Checks, Seeking Some Additional Insight Please Read

Quote Quoting thecrew74 View Post
    Hello, we're seeking information related to untimely payments from the Kansas workers comp. It seems to be happening ALOT lately. We're on our 3rd week of not receiving a payment. Workers comp has told us that its because a new case worker was assigned to my case. My lawyers assistant said they can be up to 20 days late. I feel this can't be true, if it were surely there'd be a ton of ppl homeless, without cars, without food etc....Is there something the lawyer could be doing to ensure this doesn't keep happening? Is there something we can do? We've looked all morning via google search to see what we could find out about this issue but we can't find anything directly related so we're hoping someone here might have some insight. Thanks so much
    Your lawyer knows best, and deals with WC daily. he knows your case and knows your system.
    You want to improve WC in your state, stop getting all these fools voting for Republicans!....They dont care about workers, only the 1%!...If you dont believe me, look at the joke of tax breaks the GOP did for people who dont need more money!

Default Re: Untimely Checks, Seeking Some Additional Insight Please Read

thecrew74
    My lawyers assistant said they can be up to 20 days late. I feel this can't be true, if it were surely there'd be a ton of ppl homeless, without cars, without food etc..
    If someone can lose their car, home and be without food over a 20 day delay, there's something seriously wrong - that's called living on the very edge.
    Most people have resources to go a few months without a check, they use their credit cards and savings.
    It's not uncommon at all for there to be a delay in payments when they do a review or assign a new caseworker - get used to it.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.