Default Back Injury Complicated by Csf Leak Following Myelogram

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: missouri

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.I have an extruded L5-S1 from a lifting injury.Ive got every kind of run around there is to have.I had a company paid doctor send me for a myelogram test to rule out nerve impingement that caused me to develop a spinal fluid leak.From the very beginning Iíve had lots of trouble getting care for the leak.I finally got my records sent off to an expert who confirms they believe I have an iatrogenic leak from a myelogram they would like to fix for me.However a lot of my treatment has been on my own insurance since comp denies me medical treatment for the leak.I finally got to see my attorney paid doctor who is offering disc replacement surgery but he also tells me I need to drop the leak portion and not go be treated by the experts.I am so confused,what happens if I go against his advice and get treated.This spinal headache is not something I can continue to live with,it has drove me to the point of suicidal thoughts because I canít get help and my attorney has no clue how to deal with my situation.

Default Re: Back Injury Complicated by Csf Leak Following Myelogram

Akolwyck7998
    I had a company paid doctor send me for a myelogram test to rule out nerve impingement that caused me to develop a spinal fluid leak.From the very beginning Iíve had lots of trouble getting care for the leak.
    Go to the emergency room, they will give you an injection of caffeine to constrict the area of the leak, it should help to seal it up.
    After treatment you should have relief within a few days, it takes weeks to heal completely.
    I've experienced this condition, I had the worst headache of my life and I couldn't tolerate light - it was terrible.

What is a CSF Leak?
    A cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leak is an under-diagnosed, yet often debilitating, medical condition comprising a small tear or hole in the outer membrane that contains the fluid surrounding the spinal cord and brain (known as the dura mater).
    In many cases, a CSF leak will heal on its own accord following conservative treatment, including strict bed rest, increased fluid intake and caffeine. Conservative treatment and the tincture of time is not always enough, however.
    Some patients with a leak at spine level may require a clinical procedure known as an epidural blood patch in order to promote healing; low-volume if the leak location is known following MRI, CT Myelography or MR Myelography imaging or high-volume if it remains undetected.
    https://www.csfleak.info/what-is-a-c...luid-csf-leak/

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Thanks Tony.I hav actually had to have 3 epidural blood patches,and still have a positional headache everyday of my life among lots of other symptoms to go along with it.My first patch gave complete relief for 4 days,until the day after I returned to work.The Second 2 were done completely different and still didnít provide sustained relief but helped in some way nonetheless.I sent my records to the csf leak experts at Duke and after reviewing my record the are confident enough that I have a leak caused by the myelogram to skip testing and go straight to patching,Iím going nov 8th.Comp actually authorized and paid for the first 3 patches but their doctor said that if the 3rd patch doesnít work he wouldnít think im still leaking.So this one is on my dime I guess.My attorney has had a difficult time with my case considering sheís never had a leak happen after a myelogram.She doesnít think she can go before a judge with his matter since they wonít be able to find the leak on imaging,so a very complicated situation.I am in such an amount of pain from this and have been for so long that thoughts of taking myself out of my misery is where my mind keeps taking me.I just canít live like this and keep feeling like I have nowhere left to turn.It is so hard to get them to help me and none of the doctors I have seen have ever seen this happen.So great that I found someone that has been through this,of course not great you went through it,hope your well now.

Akolwyck7998
    thoughts of taking myself out of my misery is where my mind keeps taking me.I just can’t live like this and keep feeling like I have nowhere left to turn.It is so hard to get them to help me and none of the doctors I have seen have ever seen this happen.
    Actually, it's more common than you think.
    I can relate, I seriously thought I was going to die - The good news is, it will get better in time - hang in there.

Like I said, if no one will help - go to the E.R, they have to help you - I went there a few times until I finally healed when other doctors ignored me.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Good information