Default New Jersey Workmans Comp Scale

I suffered a comminuted fracture to my right (dominate) elbow. I needed 9 screws and one plate. I am a PE teacher, I am very active at work and need my arms for instruction. It has been a year, and I know offers are coming to the table next week. How do I know what is a good offer?

Default Re: New Jersey Workmans Comp Scale

Quote Quoting K. Luke View Post
    I suffered a comminuted fracture to my right (dominate) elbow. I needed 9 screws and one plate. I am a PE teacher, I am very active at work and need my arms for instruction. It has been a year, and I know offers are coming to the table next week. How do I know what is a good offer?
    Consult a lawyer that specializes in worker comp and have him evaluate your claim.
    Each case is unique, without knowing the details it's impossible to guess at what's "good"

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: New Jersey Workmans Comp Scale

Quote Quoting K. Luke View Post
    K.Luke,

Its been my experience dealing with teachers is that your work agreement outlines what your benefits are to be which is why 95% of us here don't have a work agreement/contract to give us above bare bones min. WC basic agreement.
    THIS WOULD BE MY FIRST STEP. Contact your shop stu or Union rep or even the President of your union to ask him what you should expect is is fair. However much will depend on your impairment rating loss in %%%

Either you will see 2 drs one for you and one for your employer. Or your contract may just have you see the one DR noted and his report will be the gospel of your litigation, and most good Union work out like in this manner. Your Union also has lawyer for you to get advice but he may just be a general practitioner who knows contracts which is the foundation of law and practicing any of how it went. Only then will I have any idea of what your next step will be to figure out what is your best step to take. Always have your lawyer's OK b4 doing anything like filing forms, etc... I think you will be much better off than most with same injury.

BUG