Default What to Expect (Settlement) from a Traumatic Brain Injury

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Ohio

Default Re: What to Expect (Settlement) from a Traumatic Brain Injury

Quote Quoting Sunshine View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Ohio
    Dont, lawyer up ASAP!..........Many factors equal the outcome, expect one hell of a fight...They will try and prove you are fine, get your nerosyc test, done to get a base line.....Seek help from many drs, and get as much therapy as possible, speech, physical, occupational.

Default Re: What to Expect (Settlement) from a Traumatic Brain Injury

Thank you for your advice.
    I guess I should o explained a little more. We do have a lawyer. One o the first things I did when husband was in hospital. He spent 5 weeks in the hospital rehab. Learning to walk and other functions. Then when to a in-house 24 hour rehab for 2 months. Released to home therapy, speech, occupational etc. I should explain his injuries. He had a iron stabilizer bar from a huge door that lifts like a garage door release and hit him in the head, went through his mouth and through him into a brick wall. He had many lacerations, fractures in his face that required surgery to place a plate and screws to secure his cheek bone to jaw. Subarachnoid hemorrhage, Intraparachyal hemorrhage, respiratory failure.
    He is doing pretty well today considering. Having trouble with short term memory, moodiness, impatience etc. Finally passed his driving evaluation and road test. I am pretty concerned about the driving aspect but have to let go.
    Still out on WC but about to go to Vocational Rehab. Work said he could return to work with no limitations. So kind of them.

They did have to file an Osha report (of course) but no one came to look at how the door malfunctioned. They said (employer) they had him on camera but a banner was hanging in the way. Came to their conclusion how it happened. Asked to see video or get the name of the patron that found him unconscious but they refuse to share.

It has been one hell of a fight with the BWC, MCO and employer. Many industrial commission visits.

My life has been hell and the fight has been exhausting. Not a lot of support from lawyer. Family lives in a different state and have no support.