Default W/C Injury to Foot at Walmart Having Really Hard Time with Them

Hello to all

I a'm new to all of this and it is my wife that got hurt March 2018
    My wife had a glass door fall and break third and fourth metatarsal bones clean thru
    Dr. for Walmart took x ray only and said Walmart would not pay for MRI at each appointment for 7 months
    Even though in constant pain he said there was nothing more he could do so he gave a 2% PPD MMI rating in October 2018 and forced to go back to work with no restrictions
    She could not be on foot all day so she had to give 2 weeks notice because both DR and Walmart said there is nothing they could do. (its the law)

We did not receive an offer from Walmart until Jan. 2019
    They offered $4500. for payout with no future medical benefits which we appealed
    My wife was still in pain so we went to private DR and paid for MRI and found out she had a stress fracture on second metatarsal that was not healed and ganglion cyst both caused from accident
    We told W/C and they said that Walmart stated they will not pay for our tests and would not pay for a second opinion
    Yesterday we got an email from W/C stating Walmart's attorney and Dr. said my wife would not wear boot (which is not true) and that's why foot didn't heal properly.

Now we are in a bad position running out of time, waiting on mediation which we don't think will help
    We have tried to get an attorney to represent her because there is not enough money in it and it is Walmart who is known for tying things up for a long time
    My wife is 62 with 10th grade education that was forced to take early Social Security to survive and I a'm a disabled Vietnam Vet
    Could anyone tell me what the amount for 2% PPD for a foot should be and how to get her future medical attention from W/C

We have had enough, Life is to short

Thank You

Default Re: W/C Injury to Foot at Walmart Having Really Hard Time with Them

Could anyone tell me what the amount for 2% PPD for a foot should be and how to get her future medical attention from W/C
    A rating that low isn't worth much, if they offered $4500, I'd say grab the money and run.
    They won't settle with open medical, especially on an injury with that low of a rating - Grab what you can get and move on, this case has little to no value.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Thank you for response
    I didn't mean to only ask about value
    How do we get her more medical attention that is needed or a second opinion when a MMI is established and W/C said that Walmart's Ins. has to give authorization and they wont
    We care more about getting her to see a qualified DR. and get her foot fixed than money. Do they have the right to refuse ?
    Do we have to see a Judge to get something done
    Thanks

Also is there anyway to get copies of Dr. reports and papers signed at Walmart
    So far they have refused to give her any

How do we get her more medical attention that is needed or a second opinion
    You'd have to pay for a second opinion if you don't have a lawyer, that carrier isn't about to pay for your defense.
    Lawyers have doctors who will give a second opinion on a contingency basis, if you lose the case, you get stuck with the bill.
    Without a lawyer, you don't stand a chance, get what you can grab and move on.

You may be able to get future treatment from your private insurance, Medicaid or or Medicare as long as the carrier denied payment for future medical.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.