Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Outcomes of W/C Cases Dealing with Amputation

Just looking for examples of Louisiana w/c cases dealing with below knee amputation and head trama. Trying to learn as much as I can about the position I'm in and keep my mind occupied. I've been down for two years after a fall I broke my leg and ankle (pilon fracture) so about five months ago I ended up having to amputat due to sever nerve damage and sever ankle arthritis also other stuff I can't remember. Seeing so many Drs. Just found out I also have depression,anxiety. PTSD. But also symptoms of tramatic brain injury Wich raises tons questions because it doesn't look like they x-rayed head neck and spine. Im having memory and personality issues.So I'm scared im going to be screwed by the Dr not testing all this to begin with. So just looking for cases similar to mine to get an idea of out come on time frame also settlements and what to expect work wise

Default Re: Outcomes of W/C Cases Dealing with Amputation

ChiLDofGod
    looking for examples of Louisiana w/c cases dealing with below knee amputation and head trama.
    just looking for cases similar to mine to get an idea of out come on time frame also settlements and what to expect work wise
    What happenned in other cases is irrelevant to your situation - Comp settlements aren't based on the type of injury, they're based on wage losses and loss of future earning capacity.

There is no case similar to yours unless someone is your exact age, has the same education level, the same wages, the same circumstances with the employer and a few other factors.
    The only way to get a realistic idea of what to expect is to consult a lawyer for a free evaluation of your claim based on the specific facts.
    For the cost of a lawyer, you'll be money ahead, protect your rights and save your sanity - retain a lawyer before proceeding further.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

I have a lawyer. Just want to hear from people who have gone through similar issues and research all that I can. Thanks!
    Last edited by ChiLDofGod; 03-24-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Quoting ChiLDofGod View Post
    I have a lawyer. Just want to hear from people who have gone through similar issues and research all that I can. Thanks!
    What Tony says is true....You can have the same accident as another and not same outcome....Door greeter at Walmart, to a trades' person, a collage grad who is 25 compares to someone who is 55.....Its all factored in the settlements....Future earnings.

Oh I believe him no dout. It's still too early for me to get answers on a lot of things. Maybe I made the question too broad. Really, I just want to learn what info I can from people going through a life changing event. I've been laid up for two years and my mind is restless and I'm still trying come to terms with my limb loss I just feel like have to do something before I go nuts. And the memory issue makes things really difficult I figured if I have things in written form it would help. I value every info given thanks.

Oh I believe him no dout. It's still too early for me to get answers on a lot of things. Maybe I made the question too broad. Really, I just want to learn what info I can from people going through a life changing event. I've been laid up for two years and my mind is restless and I'm still trying come to terms with my limb loss I just feel like have to do something before I go nuts. And the memory issue makes things really difficult I figured if I have things in written form it would help. I value every info given thanks.
    Very understandable!......Get WC to pay for a therapist....You have every right.....I am a brain injury survivor, and I needed lots of help do to loss....

I got referred to psychologist and March so him on March 6. He diagnosed me with a lot of stuff and TBI is one of them. But, problem is nobody checked my head, neck, or spine with a CT. So will a DRs. Diagnosis alone hold up to w/c law or am I screwed? And just asking about my well being not money. I'm a very different person than before the accident. Is there hope at all to recover? I'm destroying my relationships and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't even see the tunnel

I got referred to psychologist and March so him on March 6. He diagnosed me with a lot of stuff and TBI is one of them. But, problem is nobody checked my head, neck, or spine with a CT. So will a DRs. Diagnosis alone hold up to w/c law or am I screwed? And just asking about my well being not money. I'm a very different person than before the accident. Is there hope at all to recover? I'm destroying my relationships and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't even see the tunnel
    Yes, I lost everything except my daughter, I fully understand.....It got so bad, I packed up 2 suitcases and left home, and never returned, that was 10 years ago......Your lawyer can help get you more help, but that is as long as a Dr. writes the script for testing and such!....Continue to try and get help anywhere you can!

You can PM me if you have any questions or just want to reach out....I am very active on a few other brain injury forums, I just use different names....What you are going through is difficult, and I am sorry to hear we have a lot in common....Take care and get help, it sure helped me.

Thanks for sharing your story and your insight I will check out those other forums. Thanks airdale

This is the type of threads I'd like to see more of.

This forum originated as a support forum for injured workers, a place to share experiences and support each other emotionally.
    I remember a time when professionals weren't allowed - I felt it would intimidate people and change the atmosphere of the forum.
    It seems I was right, over the years this place has evolved more in to a legal aide forum.

I'm tired of people coming into this place and asking how much they can get or how to navigate the system without a lawyer.
    I'm also tired of people using this forum as a tool to game the system - I bet I've banned at least a hundred people in the past year for running con jobs.
    This place has gotten quiet since I've cracked down on the games, I'd rather see this place dead before it's turned into a scam forum.

Hopefully this place will return to it's original purpose before my time passes, it's people like you guys that will make it possible.
    Keep Up The Fight!!!

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.