Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Learning to Walk Again

I'm trying, I really am. Just got off the phone with my psych Dr. And he want to put me on Adderall
    To add to all the teens I have in medicine. And he said he can't refer me to a neurologist, only
    Recommend which he stated it's in his report that sends to w/c and my lawyer they have to hash
    It out between the two. I'm scared I'm going to lose airdale. Even though he put in his report that
    He believes I a brain injury.

Update: may 7/19 11:23

Been trying to get ahold of my lawyer since Friday. I just called and asked if they were still in business
    As snide comment but, I don't usually act like an ass. I was more passive aggressive but on the symbolta and Abilify mixed I'm more direct. Still have the memory issues and reality issues but I'm
    Getting used the prosthetic leg even though I'm still not in physical therapy yet because w/c or my lawyer is dragging ass. I won't be. Maybe I shouldn't knock my lawyer so much, I know I'm not the only
    Client they have. Really don't wanna fire a lawyer and start all the way over. But at least I can walk unassisted now that's a definite improvement it hurts but, what the hell, I haven't lived this much in
    A long time.

Hang in there, to make you at ease look into the background and rating of your lawyer...I agree give them "some" time....Why not even physical therapy isnt making a whole lot of since?....As the whole part of therapy is to get you better and back in the work force?

My memory is very foggy through the years, My accident was in January, and I think it wasnt till August till I got any treatment.I know its difficult and you want to move in the healing direction.....Therapy will be difficult, and if the get you a Neurologist it will even be harder, I dont miss those days of confusion, they were down right draining!

Keep up the positive thinking, be thankful you have people that love you surrounding you!....I had very little support.

My lawyer actually just called me turns out she got short handed because her paralegal took maternity
    She said it takes some time to get things approved with this w/c company. She is pretty sure we'll be able to get the neurologist approved she told me his name but, I forgot it already. Airdale, how did you get injured? And gather your still feeling the effects of the TBI. And sorry you didn't have support I
    Didn't even consider that I guess we'll, because I'm I've been closed minded because we are living
    The experience while others are watching the show. It's like being the only drunk guy in the group
    Sometimes I lose awareness of myself. If that makes sense. I don't know if you like the band Disturbed
    But, they have song called (Remember) it's pretty close to how I feel

I can not speak about my accident in public as the 3rd party suite had language in it that was very firm. It being where it happened and what happened is a dead give away!

I can PM you with more details if you would like......I will check out that song and listen!

Ok pm me. Would be interested in your experience as a survivor. Does everyone have in our position
    Have gag orders on them After settlements? I worked for family owned business and I live in a small town everyone knows what happened to me. I was surprised when I just ordered flowers for my wife
    And asked my name, she knew all about what happened to me. And I didn't know her. Small, Small Town. Maybe a few thousand. It's kinda funny in a way, I'm more popular now than before my accident. But, please get back to me
    Last edited by ChiLDofGod; 05-08-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Update: may 13, 2019

Still waiting on physical therapy w/c is moving so slowly, I turned in that script about a month ago and still, just waiting. You would think they would be in a hurry to get to mmi. But I have been doing the best I can to walk on my own. Even exercising as best as can. Hope to see neurologist soon that will take some p/t as well. Got my handicap tags today so now I don't have as far to walk any more.I do enough walking through out the day and I'm getting better am noticing a change. But, the nerves in my residual limb are extremely painful. The phantom pain is a different monster all together. Feels like my big toe is being crush. The of my foot feels like it being filleted. Some times I can even get the feeling of x- fix in Mt shin and foot and many other things. But I've been doing my best to move forward. I'm doing my part a not giving up what so ever. I appreciate the support on this . People have been helpful and knowledgeable. It some good to talk to people who have gone through this it really does.

Update: 5-14-19

Still waiting for w/c to approve p/t but, still walking around trying to improve myself. Still motivated even from a week of no cigarettes. Staying as busy as I can, even exercising sit-ups, crunches, dum bells. My lawyer lawyer had to resubmit paper work to my case worker because, instead of a neurologist I need to see a neurosurgeon. So we'll see how long that takes. I used to be patient but, two years of bed rest two years of crazy, I admit gets to me. I have never been idol or lazy. Ive worked my entire life but, I'm gonna just do the best I can. Everyone thinks I'm over doing it, that I'll get myself hurt. It does hurt but, I have to do something my kids don't need a deadbeat lazy ass. They need a father they see can overcome. Todays day of clarity. Let see how tomorrow goes. I see my prostatitis tomorrow hopefully they got a spare liner approved by w/c. See ya tomorrow

Its been some time and no updates?.....Hope things are finally moving in your direction and your busy getting the help and Dr.s you need.

I wish, all though I have staying busy. I learned new song on guitar, HAIL TO THE KING from Avenged sevenfold. And also finally have my first appointment for p/t for my amputated leg. Also got into contact with The amputee coalition, they're sending me info for new amputees. Still waiting on a response from a neurosurgeon. The mind issues are dragging me down. I keep freaking out when they happen my wife See's it happening and says stop, think of something else or change the subject. This is what happened,I hear my wife talking to my daughter no, you're not taking a shower. Daughter: but, smell like gas. Wife: I don't care if you smell like gas it's 8:30 and it's probably just your cloths ( I took the kids dirt bike riding) but, get this that conversation never happened. I tried to make sense of it. I tried rationalize it but, I started to freak. I freak out every time cause I'm so embarrassed when it happens. I don't know how to get my lawyer to make w/c move faster. Any suggestions!

Quote Quoting ChiLDofGod View Post
    I don't know how to get my lawyer to make w/c move faster. Any suggestions!
    My only suggestion is get your Drs involved, talk to them about you problems and concerns!....All I ever remember was my WC attorney saying, get a note, get a prescription from your treating Drs.....Make sure your therapists know about all problems, and its in there notes....When your attorney has stuff in writing from your treating Drs it makes his job easier, especially if he has to go to a judge for helping getting treatment...

I hope some of the attorneys her chime in and give opinions!