Thread: Settlements

Default Settlements

Is it wise to accept settlement for 2 broken arms and what sort of figure should i be looking at ?

Default Re: Settlements

Quote Quoting Cutterman View Post
    Is it wise to accept settlement for 2 broken arms and what sort of figure should i be looking at ?
    Come on, life's not that simple - Depending on how well you heal and if the employer will accommodate, you could be looking at nothing or up to five years of benefits.
    A lawyer would need time to answer those questions after talking to you and collecting the facts of your claim, how do you figure we can give an answer based on nothing?
    Have a free consult with a lawyer and find out where you stand.

Quit with reposting the same question, you'll get the same answer every time.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Tony had multiple fractures in left elbow and broken right wrist both pinned and plated in aug 18 during recovery suffered carpal tunnel problems right hand surgery to fix but problems persist also have a frozen shoulder problem left side and nerve damage in left wrist attended every physiotherapy appointment over 60 now and nothing is returning to normal or even near normal right hand has very little in resect to strength 55/60 psi they want to settle my case but im hesitant to do so offered 45 less attorney fees would that be concidered a reasonable amount following my injuries

As a rule, they won't settle for more than five years of benefits, they'd just a soon pay you out weekly and hope you have an early death....so.
    Here's the chart - look up your impairment rating and relevant info, figure out your weekly benefit and how many weeks due.
    If it's less than five years and comes close to that figure it's fare, if not - take the weekly pay out until you exhaust the total amount if you can afford to do so.

Impairment Income Benefit Calculator
    https://www.myfloridacfo.com/Divisio...ors/IBcalc.htm

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.