Default Reattachment to Labor Market

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: New York
    Hi ! Ive been dealing with comp for 4 long years. My question is about reattaching to labor market ! Do you have to fully reach MMI by their IME before actually getting employment ? I have had 2 IMEs before with severity level F and G (Judge said they were done too early). Having another IME next month. My doctor still has me at 100% disabled. Does my dr have to agree with IME or will judge go by their IME ? This is all too confusing and some days I feel it is not worth the fight!
    Thank you all in advance

Default Re: Reattachment to Labor Market

mms482
    Do you have to fully reach MMI by their IME before actually getting employment ?
    No, it depends on the employers ability to accommodate, they can take you back on life support if they want to.

Does my dr have to agree with IME or will judge go by their IME ?
    That IME is hired by the carrier to give an alternate opinion to minimize the value of your claim - His opinion is independent of your doctors influence, that's why they call it "independent.
    Your doctor would never agree with a biased opinion meant to undermine your claim - His opinion is based on objective medical evidence, not an agenda.
    The judge will go by the most credible opinion, he knows that IME is a paid quack and will rule accordingly.

If you don't have a lawyer, now's the time to retain one

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Reattachment to Labor Market

Hi. Thanks for responding so quick !! I called my Doctors office today and they have given me a rating of F. My my previous dr had also given
    Me the same. Another IME gave me a rating of G but I was sent to early (less than 1 year after surgery). I retired from
    My
    Job and now I have to show reattachment. So i have to ask my attorney what the rating means in order to find work
    Within my restrictions !!

Quote Quoting tony View Post
    mms482No, it depends on the employers ability to accommodate, they can take you back on life support if they want to.

That IME is hired by the carrier to give an alternate opinion to minimize the value of your claim - His opinion is independent of your doctors influence, that's why they call it "independent.
    Your doctor would never agree with a biased opinion meant to undermine your claim - His opinion is based on objective medical evidence, not an agenda.
    The judge will go by the most credible opinion, he knows that IME is a paid quack and will rule accordingly.

If you don't have a lawyer, now's the time to retain one

Tony
    Last edited by mms482; 05-09-2019 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Duplicate