To be very blunt the adjuster is the enemy. You can certainly reach out to them if you want, but be very careful what you say and do not expect any honest or helpful input from them. You are much better off going through an attorney. If you want to email me with the city and county of your residence, I may be able to suggest an attorney in your area.