Default Compromise and Release Walkthrough

I was scheduled for a deposition on June 12, but instead settled before having to move forward with it. I signed the C&R that morning (in addition to waiving my right to appeal) along with my attorney, and the defense attorney. The agreed upon amount was approved by the insurance adjuster and the defense attorney said they would walk it through to the judge for a signature within the next 2-3 days. After that time had passed, I checked the EAMS system and there was no update stating that the C&R had been walked through or signed off. I reached out to my attorney, who said they could not find it in the system either, and attempted to call and send an e-mail to the defense attorney, with no response. I was able to get ahold of the defense attorney's assistant, and she said it was walked through on the 17th, but was very dismissive towards me. When I called the Industrial Relations Department for more information, they see that I have a lawyer and tell me to consult with them. I guess my question is; does the EAMS system always reflect updates in a timely manner, and how would I go about confirming that my C&R was walked through and signed by the judge, other than just relying on the assistant?

Default Re: Compromise and Release Walkthrough

Jimocon1094
    I guess my question is; does the EAMS system always reflect updates in a timely manner, and how would I go about confirming that my C&R was walked through and signed by the judge, other than just relying on the assistant?
    No they don't update in real time, they may update monthly.
    Settle down, it's only been less than a week, give it at least 30 days.
    It's a violation of the attorney-client privilege for the defense or commission to have any communication with you, never contact them again - you have an attorney, deal through him.

I think you'll hear something in 14 days if things go smooth but don't expect it.
    Nothing happens quick in this system, take it easy.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.