Default Would Love Feedback on a Potential Settlement Offer Received Today

Hello, I will try to keep this as short as possible. Looking for any advice you can give.

I was injured while working and ended up with broken wrist and aggravating previous injuries that have been accepted by the WCB. Since the wrist has healed they have me at 50 percent disability making 190 a week. My WC lawyers put in a request for settlement at 53k with medical open, NYSIF came back with 45K medical closed. We have since gone back with a rebuttal of what I would be willing to take while keeping medical open. Is this usually how these things work? I am really trying not to get screwed here and would like to keep medical open.

Default Re: Would Love Feedback on a Potential Settlement Offer Received Today

vnowiey8443f
    what I would be willing to take while keeping medical open. Is this usually how these things work?
    No, they won't settle unless it benefits them.
    The point of settling is to close your case and get you off the dough, leaving medical open accomplishes neither.
    I wouldn't look to settle with open medical, it rarely if ever happens - the odds of them doing that are just about zero.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Would Love Feedback on a Potential Settlement Offer Received Today

Thank you for the response, this is disheartening because my lawyers seem so confident it will get done.