Default Heard to Explain Please Read Post

OK please help
    I been beating myself in the head with trying to figure out, what to do . july 15th i started a new job to where i was paying in and everything then i got injured on this job. But i also had a side job ( cash) to which i was also working. Now i not sure how to put this question to be honest. i got injured and required hospitalization and stitches , and the comp insurance agreed to pay medical bill so far wated to know if i have any wage information beside my new employment. Since it a cash job there is no documentation of me working. so can i even seek wage loss benefits on a job that i was barely working on a day before the injury?

Default Re: Heard to Explain Please Read Post

If you were injured in the course and scope of your employment you have a workers' compensation claim. That is true even if it was the first minute of your first day.

As to the concurrent employment, you can claim it as additional income to potentially increase your compensation rate. Whether or not it will be considered concurrent income depends on a number of factors including whether or not you claim this income on your tax returns.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.