Default Workers Compensation Commissioner

How is it that a Workers Compensation Commissioner got hired when there previous career was a defense attorney for an insurance company? Does anyone else on here find that to be a conflict of interest? Who would hire such a person to be a bias Commissioner that is supposed to make sure the insurance companies are treating the injured fairly. Unbelievable!!

Default Re: Workers Compensation Commissioner

Does anyone else on here find that to be a conflict of interest?
    Of course, our Democracy has collapsed - it's been hijacked by Corporate America, Russian Puppets, and a mentally ill, tax dodging sex predator.
    We currently have the most corrupt, dishonest, incompetent and dangerous administration in the history of this country - Incompetence and corruption is rampant from the lowest levels all the way up to the highest office.
    You can forget justice for the foreseeable future, until we clean up the con men at the top, nothing's going to change.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

What a mess!! I go to hearings and Itís like having two defense attorneys!! Hey Tony did you see my other post about the cost of living adjustment? Do you know if my attorney is entitled to a percentage of my retroactive pay?

Quote Quoting Jbroc View Post
    What a mess!! I go to hearings and It’s like having two defense attorneys!! Hey Tony did you see my other post about the cost of living adjustment? Do you know if my attorney is entitled to a percentage of my retroactive pay?
    I'd guess no but you'd have to look at the wording in your retainer, don't call and ask - just wait and see what happens.
    Technically the lawyer is entitled to a percentage of all benefits obtained on your behalf in litigation, without knowing the facts of your claim it's impossible to give a definite answer.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Ok thanks!