Default IME Put Me at MMI

I am from the state of Ohio
    The IME doctor put me at MMI and I talked to my lawyer and he said that we are going to appeal it it'll be 45 days till we're back at the IC board... What will happen if I try and find a job will it affect anything??? I'm in a financial crisis and feel like I need to do something but I'm afraid that my condition may get worst if im hired somewhere that involves lifting... I can barely help bring grocerys without hurting

Default Re: IME Put Me at MMI

You must disclose any impairment that limits your ability to perform the job you're applying for.
    Getting another job by deception is risky - it will give the new employer cause to fire you plus relieve them from liability.
    By demonstrating the ability to work, you could jeopardize your present case if you're claiming a total disability - IF you do have a lawyer, you need to discus this with him.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Quote Quoting Bonus View Post
    What will happen if I try and find a job will it affect anything??? I'm in a financial crisis and feel like I need to do something but I'm afraid that my condition may get worst if im hired somewhere that involves lifting... I can barely help bring grocerys without hurting
    Definitely talk to your attorney, but I usually tell my clients that if they can find a job they can do they should go do it - its better to have a job and steady income than to sit and wait and hope for workers' comp payments. But again, your attorney will know the specifics of your situation and be able to give you *hopefully* an idea of what your chances are of winning the appeal.
    Kristin A. Cool
    Ohio Workers' Compensation Attorney
    Practicing in Northeast Ohio, Central Ohio, and Mahoning Valley
    www.TheFriedmanLawFirm.com
    Workers' Compensation Blog

I am from the state of Ohio
    The IME doctor put me at MMI and I talked to my lawyer and he said that we are going to appeal it it'll be 45 days till we're back at the IC board... What will happen if I try and find a job will it affect anything??? I'm in a financial crisis and feel like I need to do something but I'm afraid that my condition may get worst if im hired somewhere that involves lifting... I can barely help bring grocerys without hurting
    Have you applied for SDI?

No I haven't applied for SSDI. If I do will it interfere with my TTD if the industrial commissioner Grant's me compensation?

No I haven't apply for SSDI but if I do and the industrial commissioner Grant me compensation, will it interfere with my TTD from workman's comp? My lawyer said if we win at the IC then they will have to compensate me TTD from when my doctor seen me since I've been home from doing my local jail time I came home in August

I have two job interviews for forklift operations. I seen my doc yesterday he told me if I get the job to let him know and he'll release me to work but I'm wondering if I go back to work would that affect my case when I go to my IC hearing for my TTD payments, from the time I was released up untill the time I was released back to work, and he said the reason why they cut me off my TTD payments was because I have went to jail (for DUI), that's another reason why they ( IME doctor) put me at my MMI... also my lawyer said it was cool for me to go back to work but I asked her what if I can't fulfill the position because of my pain and she said then that would be a new case I'm just confused about the whole process and I'm thankful for this forum and the feedback it gives thanks to all who respond

No I haven't applied for SSDI. If I do will it interfere with my TTD if the industrial commissioner Grant's me compensation?

No I haven't apply for SSDI but if I do and the industrial commissioner Grant me compensation, will it interfere with my TTD from workman's comp? My lawyer said if we win at the IC then they will have to compensate me TTD from when my doctor seen me since I've been home from doing my local jail time I came home in August

I have two job interviews for forklift operations. I seen my doc yesterday he told me if I get the job to let him know and he'll release me to work but I'm wondering if I go back to work would that affect my case when I go to my IC hearing for my TTD payments, from the time I was released up untill the time I was released back to work, and he said the reason why they cut me off my TTD payments was because I have went to jail (for DUI), that's another reason why they ( IME doctor) put me at my MMI... also my lawyer said it was cool for me to go back to work but I asked her what if I can't fulfill the position because of my pain and she said then that would be a new case I'm just confused about the whole process and I'm thankful for this forum and the feedback it gives thanks to all who respond
    There certainly is a lot going on here that we can't really give you answers for since we don't know the full story of your situation or the claim. Your attorney is the best one to advise you on all of this. But I will say that when you are in jail you are "out of the workforce" which means you are not entitled to temporary total disability payments (because one requirement is that you be part of the workforce...). So your attorney may be subtly trying to tell you it would be great for you to go back to work because you are unlikely to get any temporary total.

And as far as if you do go back to work and then get taken off again, that would remove the issue of the jail time because you would have re-entered the work force, so then you may be entitled to temporary total. Also, if you go back to work it doesn't stop your attorney from being able to pursue temporary total for periods you were entitled to (again though, the jail time may cause an issue here).

Again though, talk to your attorney - but if she is saying its ok to go back to work I would try to get back to work asap because a steady paycheck is always better than the uncertain workers' comp payments.
    Kristin A. Cool
    Ohio Workers' Compensation Attorney
    Practicing in Northeast Ohio, Central Ohio, and Mahoning Valley
    www.TheFriedmanLawFirm.com
    Workers' Compensation Blog

I have an IC date now, so even though I was receiving TTD before I was locked up does that still eliminates me from the workforce, although I went back to receive my PT treatments afterwards? I had a couple of job interviews recently but no one wants to hire an employee with limited restrictions.

I have an IC date now, so even though I was receiving TTD before I was locked up does that still eliminates me from the workforce, although I went back to receive my PT treatments afterwards? I had a couple of job interviews recently but no one wants to hire an employee with limited restrictions.
    It's impossible to answer these questions without having detailed knowledge of your claim.
    You said you have an attorney so why are you in this forum asking basic questions?
    If you're going participate in this forum, you'll have to be truthful - this place isn't for free legal advice.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.