Default Regarding Perm Evaluation

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: New Jersey

My lawyers have sent me to quite a few different doctors for perm evaluation including ortho, neuro and psych. The insurance company only agrees to send me to ortho perm evaluation. Due to my injuries I have perm ortho, nerve damage, rsd and Psych issues to name a few these are in in the petition, im on multiple medications for psych issues and the insurance company pays for them. Why would they not send me to neuro and psych doctors to get their opinion on percentages as well? My lawyer spoke with thier attorney he told me they were really nasty and said we are not sending him to those doctors for perm evaluation.. im very confused please help any opinions on why they would do this.. you would think they want their doctors opinion on me because they did this with the ortho portion.

Default Re: Regarding Perm Evaluation

Letah1218
    My lawyers have sent me to quite a few different doctors for perm evaluation including ortho, neuro and psych.
    That's because your lawyers are representing your interest, they're trying to put the best face on your claim.

Why would they not send me to neuro and psych doctors to get their opinion on percentages as well?
    Because "they" represent the carriers interest, they're only going to address objective evidence relating to your claim.
    They aren't obligated to look at anything but your physical injuries, it's on you to present objective evidence to prove anything further.
    RSD claims are based on patient complaints (subjective evidence) that condition is hard to prove and isn't considered an acceptable condition to base a claim

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Thank you Tony,

I understand they represent the carriers interest but if they approved to pay for a psychologist and psychiatrist for me for treatments/medications for years regarding my injuries why wouldnt they send me to atleast a perm doctor for psych? Plus i had approved treatment for pain managment and rsd issues and nerve treatments which is all neuro. Are they just trying to save money by not getting evaluations? Just very confusing

if they approved to pay for a psychologist and psychiatrist for me for treatments/medications for years regarding my injuries why wouldnt they send me to atleast a perm doctor for psych? Plus i had approved treatment for pain managment and rsd issues and nerve treatments which is all neuro.
    They have their one doctor do the IME to favor their interest, they're not about to present evidence to support your claim.
    If you want anything further to favor your claim, you'll have to pay for the examinations to do so.
    I'm sure your lawyer will have the other doctors depositions to represent your interest.

tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Quote Quoting Letah1218 View Post
    Thank you Tony,

I understand they represent the carriers interest but if they approved to pay for a psychologist and psychiatrist for me for treatments/medications for years regarding my injuries why wouldnt they send me to atleast a perm doctor for psych? Plus i had approved treatment for pain managment and rsd issues and nerve treatments which is all neuro. Are they just trying to save money by not getting evaluations? Just very confusing
    Let me tell you as I had something like what you are going through.....As my attorneys said, they want independent evaluations 1) because the judge knows that the other side(IC) will deny and lie to get out of paying you anything if they can....2) They called the insurance company whore Dr.....They for the most part dont even practice or have patients.

The only people on your side is the law firm, and the lawyer who is representing you!...Trust them because its all you have and the insurance company wants you off the books, ASAP!

Thanks Tony.. so they only have one doctor to support the whole claim. I just thought since insurance company approved and paid for other treatments besides the ortho they would want their side represented on the other aspects of my claim. I am paying for the other perm evals thru my lawyer I am doing three ortho neuro and psych guessing the costs will come out of my settlement. My lawyer said he will have their reports to back up my case to the judge.

I know my lawyer is on my side and i trust in him and i know the insurance company wants to rid of everyone of course.. I read insurance perm eval report on me they are missing half of my claim for ortho they didnt even have my medical reports during exam i had to explain my whole accident and injuries over again. It was a joke the difference between how thorough my exams thru my lawyers doctors to the one i went thru with insurance company night and day. Its beyond messed up how unprofessional and how these doctors they hire are such lying scumbags, they just there for the money and to keep in the insurance companies pockets