Default I Have Had an Active Case with Oklahoma W/C Since 1994 and Am Being Denied Medical

I am a retired police officer of the state of Oklahoma.
    I was injured in the line of duty in November of 1994, and have had an active case with the Oklahoma workers comp system since. I have been found permanently and totally disabled since 2006 and the court order specifically stipulated what medical treatment that I was to receive, the amount of in home personal care that I was to receive daily, etc.
    In a letter to my current attorney on August 13,2007. A case manager with the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center wrote my attorney and stated
    That the Workmans compensation system had been significantly unresponsive to my identfied needs, and the work comp case manager , and the home health agency had been negligent in preforming the Tennant's of this contract.
    To this day, none of the services described in this letter have been provided. I have been denied necessary medical treatment, and durable medical equipment to survive Independently in my home. And my attorney has not addressed the points brought by thi case manager who has offered written evidence and testimony.
    I need to know what options or recourse I have to defend myself against these people and get the necessary medical care and treatment that I need, along with the durable care equipment for my home. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated
    Last edited by Bobbycop; 12-08-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Default Re: I Have Had an Active Case with Oklahoma W/C Since 1994 and Am Being Denied Medica

on August 13,2007. A case manager with the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center wrote my attorney and stated
    That the Workmans compensation system had been significantly unresponsive to my identfied needs, and the work comp case manager , and the home health agency had been negligent in preforming the Tennant's of this contract.
    I need to know what options or recourse I have to defend myself against these people
    12 years after the fact is a little late to ask this question - You're way past the statute of limitations, your case may even be closed. (years ago)
    I can't see any lawyer taking on this fight, this has been a dead issue years ago.
    Continue whatever you've been doing for the past 12 years for medical care - it seems to be working, you haven't complained until now.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: I Have Had an Active Case with Oklahoma W/C Since 1994 and Am Being Denied Medica

I do understand that sir, , I had started working directly through and the insurance company adjuster and having my needs met. However, about 2 years ago, he had taken leave for surgery, and while on leave, whomever assumed his duties that was not familiar with my case and I was denied treatment and services. So I contacted my attorney, and the court reassigned the same case manager

Quote Quoting Bobbycop View Post
    I do understand that sir, , I had started working directly through and the insurance company adjuster and having my needs met. However, about 2 years ago, he had taken leave for surgery, and while on leave, whomever assumed his duties that was not familiar with my case and I was denied treatment and services. So I contacted my attorney, and the court reassigned the same case manager
    That's a completely different set of circumstances.
    You initially said "To this day, none of the services described in this letter have been provided. I have been denied necessary medical treatment, and durable medical equipment to survive Independently in my home."

If you have a lawyer, you're not allowed to have contact with that adjuster or case manager, that may be one of the reasons for your problems.
    By doing so, you may contaminate your claim and afford them the opportunity to manipulate you, that's a dangerous game and a violation of attorney-client privelege.
    So, to answer the original question "what options or recourse I have to defend myself" would be to allow your attorney to do his job.

So I contacted my attorney, and the court reassigned the same case manager
    That's fine and dandy but why didn't he address the issue of denial of treatments.
    He needs to appeal the denials, it doesn't matter who the adjuster is, tell him to stick with the issue.
    As far as I know, assignment of adjusters is an internal matter - the carrier can assign whoever they please.

For now, your attorney will have to file an appeal to the denials of treatment.

In a letter to my current attorney on August 13,2007. A case manager with the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center wrote my attorney and stated
    That the Workmans compensation system had been significantly unresponsive to my identfied needs,
    However, about 2 years ago, he had taken leave for surgery, and while on leave, whomever assumed his duties that was not familiar with my case and I was denied treatment and services.
    my attorney has not addressed the points brought by this case manager who has offered written evidence and testimony.
    That letter was 12 years ago, what would that have to do with the problems of the past two years?
    Of course he's not going to submit that as evidence, its completely irrelevant and outdated.

Tony
    Last edited by tony; 12-09-2019 at 07:30 AM.
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.