Thread: Atf

Default Atf

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: ny I was classified, in the letter I received says that the insurance must deposit the value of the compensation to the ATF. also that they should continue paying the PPD check. I don't know how long it takes for the first ppd check to arrive. thanks if anyone has been through this and can share their experience

Default Re: Atf

Danny
    how long it takes for the first ppd check to arrive.
    That info is available on line, no need to guess.

Payment Summary Available Online for Workers’ Comp & ATF Claimants
    We are pleased to announce that workers comp and ATF claimants can now access a Benefit Payment Summary via their NYSIF online accounts. The summary will include: type of disability paid (temporary or permanent), dates paid, number of weeks paid, weekly benefit rate and total amount paid. There is no longer a need to call a case manager or customer service to obtain this form.
    We encourage claimants to register now for an online account to take advantage of this new service.
    https://ww3.nysif.com/en/FooterPages...forWCClaimants

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Thanks for the information, it was a recent decision I don't know if that is immediately after the decision or it takes some time, I had never heard of the ATF before. When it comes to medical visits and medicines, will they also be in charge of approving the medical part?

When it comes to medical visits and medicines, will they also be in charge of approving the medical part?
    No, they assure indemity payments only - the board is responsible for approving medical if there's a dispute with the carrier.

Background
    Section 27(2) of the Workers’ Compensation Law requires private insurance carriers to deposit the present value of indemnity awards for death and permanent partial or total disability into the ATF.
    http://www.wcb.ny.gov/content/main/S.../sn046_957.jsp

Medical Benefits
    The injured or ill worker who is eligible for workers' compensation will receive necessary medical care directly related to the original injury or illness and the recovery from his/her disability. The treating health care provider must be authorized by the Workers' Compensation Board, except in an emergency situation. There are certain exceptions where insurance carriers or self-insured employers can direct medical treatment for the injured worker as described below:
    https://wiki.theclm.org/wiki/271#Med...EEqHsSN1Kwqrng

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Thanks, I appreciate your time.