Default Appeal Disability Classification

I went to my deposition last week. My lawyer didn't discuss about we will request the percentage of disability classification. I was so nervous in the court, all sudden my lawyer told the judge we request 70% of disability classification then he told me secretly "pls accept otherwise the insurance company's lawyer will bring more things up" then I accepted it. After that, he told me to sign some paperworks, I signed them all and told him to make a copies for me then he said no , this is for the office only he said . He rushes me to sign the paperworks and I didn't read what I've signed. when I get back go, I thought about it and I'm so worried now. I should let the judge to make the decision. Because I think 70% is too little. My question is can I appeal the 70% that I accepted?

Default Re: Appeal Disability Classification

Quote Quoting steve07 View Post
    I went to my deposition last week. My lawyer didn't discuss about we will request the percentage of disability classification. I was so nervous in the court, all sudden my lawyer told the judge we request 70% of disability classification then he told me secretly "pls accept otherwise the insurance company's lawyer will bring more things up" then I accepted it. After that, he told me to sign some paperworks, I signed them all and told him to make a copies for me then he said no , this is for the office only he said . He rushes me to sign the paperworks and I didn't read what I've signed. when I get back go, I thought about it and I'm so worried now. I should let the judge to make the decision. Because I think 70% is too little. My question is can I appeal the 70% that I accepted?
    You can't appeal your own decision and I'm positive your lawyer wouldn't waste time trying.
    If you didn't like your first decision how could the court trust you to like the second or third?
    If they allowed that, everyone would keep appealing until they get denied to get the highest amount, what would they have to lose?

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.