Default How Do We Get a Stimulus Check (Ohio)

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Ohio.

Does anyone know how people like myself on Temporary Total receive the stimulus check? I have been on Temporary Total since January of 2013. I have not had the need to file Taxes since I have no earned income. I do not receive SS benefits. My only source of income is TT through BWC.

How are they going to be able to track me so I can receive the stimulus check of $1200? Does anyone know???

Default Re: How Do We Get a Stimulus Check (Ohio)

Quote Quoting Testydeb View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Ohio.

Does anyone know how people like myself on Temporary Total receive the stimulus check? I have been on Temporary Total since January of 2013. I have not had the need to file Taxes since I have no earned income. I do not receive SS benefits. My only source of income is TT through BWC.

How are they going to be able to track me so I can receive the stimulus check of $1200? Does anyone know???
    If you have a total disability that lasts longer than a year apply for SSDI today, you may be eligible for back payments if you qualify - if you need help, consult an attorney.

What are the requirements for Social Security Disability Insurance?
    The qualifications for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) are more rigorous than those for SSI. To qualify for SSDI benefits, you must meet all of the following criteria:
    Worked in a job covered by Social Security
    Worked in that job for 5 of the past 10 years*
    Have a medical condition that prevents you from working and renders you disabled (according to SSA’s definition of “disabled”)
    https://www.disability-benefits-help...lity-insurance

Or:
    If you have no earned income and aren't in the system though social security they have no way to track you.
    The income tax deadline has been pushed to July 2020 - Although the info on form 1099 is also sent to the IRS, file a 2019 tax return using your form 1099 to get into the system - they may be able to determine your eligibility based on that - maybe you'll get lucky.

What Is an IRS 1099 Form?
    The 1099 form is a series of documents the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) refers to as "information returns." There are a number of different 1099 forms that report the various types of income you may receive throughout the year other than the salary your employer pays you. The person or entity that pays you is responsible for filling out the appropriate 1099 tax form and sending it to you by January 31.
    https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips...form/L3NxSPMUe

Will retirees and Social Security beneficiaries get stimulus checks?
    Yes. The proposed bill includes language that allows Americans receiving Social Security—many of whom are retired and don’t file taxes—to obtain direct financial assistance through the coronavirus stimulus package. In such cases, the government would access their data through the Social Security Administration to determine their rebate.
    That said, not all older people who are already reliant on government assistance are immediately eligible for a rebate. According to Steve Wamhoff of the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) think tank, the current bill excludes recipients of Supplemental Security Income (SSI), a federal welfare program granted to elderly and disabled people who are often living in poverty and, in many cases, aren’t required to file tax returns.
    https://fortune.com/2020/03/25/stimu...t-payment-faq/

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.