Thread: Hear Me Out

Default Hear Me Out

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Georgia

Hello, new to the board DOA: 3/6/2019 cdl b class driver and laborer 300 lb door slid off truck landed on my legs, I didn't realize inside of this cardboard cover was a sliding door the sliding part of the door slammed down and i attempted to lift off my legs and felt a sharp pop in my back almost like electricity riding up my spine. hospital diagnosis my right leg with a non displaced fracture. my back is l4-l5-S1 lumbar herniation radiculopathy in my left leg. I've had PT ESI SHOTS and now my treating DR. is saying Laminectomy and Discectomy , IC sent me to do IME the IME doc is saying that he thinks EMG and NCV test need to be done to see if radiculopathy is from Herniation? IME Dr. said if radiculopathy is from Herniated Central Discs that I can Proceed with Surgery. My IME was done in Dec 2019 I got a hold of the report from the IME office Jan 2020 handed over to my lawyer and ATP and now the IC is going silence of the lamb on us? what happens if choose not to move forward with surgery because of the risk and complications that come with the procedures? I understand some will question our integrity and honesty concerning work place accidents and even personal accidents but I by no means would LIE about my health and pain that I experience on a day to day basis. This is my first workers comp Injury and first time I've ever been to a Hospital for an on the job accident. Im 37 yrs old family man and only wish to move forward with life! so what happens if i refuse to go under the knife? seeking wisdom and guidance!

Default Re: Hear Me Out

Lumbar478
    what happens if i refuse to go under the knife?
    You have every right to refuse surgery but it comes with risks.

They'll probably find you MMI (Maximium Medical Improved) give you a lowball rating and close your claim.
    If the carrier can prove you refused treatment to improve your condition and earning capacity, they may cut your benefits - unlikely but possible.
    Whatever you do, listen to your lawyer and go from there.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Quote Quoting tony View Post
    Lumbar478You have every right to refuse surgery but it comes with risks.

They'll probably find you MMI (Maximium Medical Improved) give you a lowball rating and close your claim.
    If the carrier can prove you refused treatment to improve your condition and earning capacity, they may cut your benefits - unlikely but possible.
    Whatever you do, listen to your lawyer and go from there.

Tony
    Tony thank you for your response, if we do decide to settle our claim are we still able to close out Medical as well?

Quote Quoting Lumbar478 View Post
    Tony thank you for your response, if we do decide to settle our claim are we still able to close out Medical as well?
    They won't settle with open medical, you better talk to your lawyer and get advice based on the facts of your claim.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.