Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2020

    Default How Do I How Can I

    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Ga i was injured at work a year ago! I dislocated my shoulder in which a bone was broken inside. I had a surgery called a bristow shoulder repair due to the pandemic i was not able to fully do all of my p.t. worker's comp asked mu doctor would i be able to go back to work part time for 20 hrs a week , even though i was a full time worker also i cant lift anything 10 pounds or under ! I still have a lot of pain and on prescription drugs that i have to take lawyer told me to just at least show my face but im pretty sure my employer is not gonna just let me be on the clock if i can't do anything!! I don't know what to do from this point!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 1971

    Default Re: How Do I How Can I

    Follow your lawyers advice, show face, do your best and at least act like you want to work.
    There's no law saying you have to perform a 100%, the rules require you show up and put forth an effort.
    Whatever you do, DO NOT REFUSE TO WORK - you'll forfeit your claim.

    If the employer fails to accommodate or sends you home, you're then entitled to your full wage loss benefits.

    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Find a Lawyer