Default My Employer is Making Me File a Claim when I Didn't Want To

2 weeks ago I aggravated a pre-exisiting condition in my back. It was stupid for me to reach so high so I take complete responsibility for hurting my back. My back has had problems for over 20 years so all I did was aggravate it. 2 days later the pain was terrible I called into work and explained the situation to my Dept manager. My boss threw a fit when she heard I gave my supervisor a light duty note, stating she doesn't accept notes from Dr's. I got called into the office, surrounded by 3 other managers while they berated me and informedd me that I can be fired for not reporting an injury, any and every injury. They proceeded to start the filing procedure telling me how, because of this late filing, the company would be fined $21,000. And also telling me I would have to pay out of my pocket, if their dr needed to see me. The injury was 6-24-2020. The meeting was on 7-10-2020. I had seen my own dr the day before. And today is 7-13-2020. The swelling and pain is now gone. Which I knew would be the case. I did miss a few days of work but I have pto so I used it. The manager even told me, to my face, that if I had lied and said it happened at home, I would not be trouble. My questions are 1) Are they really gonna get fined? and 2) And is it really required to report every little injury?

Default Re: My Employer is Making Me File a Claim when I Didn't Want To

My back has had problems for over 20 years so all I did was aggravate it. 2 days later the pain was terrible I called into work
    is it really required to report every little injury?
    Of course you have to report an injury at the time to afford the employer the opportunity to provide medical treatment and drug test - if they allowed employees to report injuries at their pleasure every drunk and drug addict would have a field day.

So which is it, was the pain terrible and you where put on restrictions or was it just a "little injury"
    Usually when an employee conceals an injury and waits 2 days to seek treatment there's a reason, why wouldn't you report it at the time and seek treatment?

I gave my supervisor a light duty note,
    So you didn't report the injury although "the pain was terrible" then secretly pursued treatment for this "little injury" from your personal doctor, you then present a disability slip to the employer for an injury they know nothing about - that doesn't seem a bit strange to you?
    For some reason you're playing games and it's catching up to you.

They won't get fined because you're playing games but they have every reason to fire you.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.