Unhappy Regarding Pi at New Employer

The Question is Would a PI come to my new employment and interact directly with me?

I started a new non physical job that works with the public in sales my previous job I was injured badly and could not return to a physical work environment. So this is only option to provide for my family. Even doing this non non physical work is just too much for me anymore..
    Things are just so messed up..Everyday is a struggle..I thought this guy was a potential client but would not provide information for me to help them but had a ton of questions and it was very weird and long interaction. Thing that bothers me the most when I greeted him I have a very bad hand/arm injury with nerve damage and crps. In my industry unfortunately all customers I have to greet sometimes hand shake I do because they extend first and I dont want to be awkward even though it hurts like hell everytime.. This guy killed my arm and hand with overtop grip handshake felt like he was trying to break my hand..been in more pain than usual ever since. I know my injuries make everything super sensitive but im getting injured at non physical job and I dont know what to do.. Im in so much pain if he was a pi and injured me like this what can be done?

Default Re: Regarding Pi at New Employer

im getting injured at non physical job and I dont know what to do..
    Use the arm that's not injured to greet clients unless you like pain or you could just refuse and say "sorry I have an injured arm"
    It's not considered rude to refuse a handshake, an elbow bump works just as good - I never shake anyone's hand, haven't done that in years.
    You're not "getting injured" by accident, you're self inflicting an injury by choice.

unfortunately all customers I have to greet sometimes hand shake I do because they extend first and I dont want to be awkward even though it hurts like hell everytime..
    Why are you shaking hands with your injured arm, why not use the one that's not injured?
    On top of the fact that because of Covid19 you're not supposed to be having close contact with anyone.
    A PI would never have contact with a target plus there's no reason to do so.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

thanks for the responses.. it was a horrible initial reaction on my part i know it was gonna hurt like hell but not like this its still killing me.. i have not had contact with customers in months thank god this was the first and definitely the last time. I got this job because its non physical and thought this was best way to avoid getting hurt further and look what happens I just dont know what to do when people try to to touch me without being rude and try to avoid talking about my injuries. I cant escape getting hurt or being in pain.. Im fed up with so much I feel useless being in constant pain for years now and not being able to do so much in everyday life and now its effecting my work more and more everyday as well. Honestly Every aspect of my life sucks I cant escape anything and dont know what to do..

Letah1218
    I got this job because its non physical and thought this was best way to avoid getting hurt further and look what happens
    Yeh, you intentionally self inflict an injury, no job is safe against that.

I cant escape getting hurt or being in pain.
    Sure you can, stop self inflicting an injury - you're intentionally doing this to yourself, this isn't an accident or an unsafe work condition.

I just dont know what to do when people try to to touch me without being rude and try to avoid talking about my injuries.
    Simple, use the uninjured arm or say " sorry, I don't shake hands.
    I refuse a handshake everyday, I've yet to see anyone offended nor could I care, my health comes first.
    I know of few people who still do that - its certainly not a mandatory condition of a job.

I do know that if you're in the pain you claim to be there's no way in hell you'd use that arm let alone extend it in a handshake.
    Normally people in pain have a reflex reaction when they try to use the injured part, they immediately stop - that's the reason for pain.
    Something about this story doesn't add up.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

First off we are in a pandemic!....Dont touch anyone!....Be careful, it could cost you, or a loved one their life!

Have a sling around your neck, if you feel uncomfortable shaking hands, wearing a sling makes it self explanable!

You have to take care of yourself, no one else will!