Default Can I Still Claim Workman's Comp

So the beginning of 2020 I started having ache in my arm and over a couple of months it got worse. I visited the urgent care and they didn't even x-ray said it was a strain and sent me home with steroids and muscle relaxer that didn't help so a month after that I finally went to doctor and they wanted a mri done which was another 3 weeks out for that. In the meantime of waiting I woke up to severe pain called into work and went to doctor. Doctor prescribed me something to help with spasms and a note for couple days off from work. Went to work and was told I couldn't work because of a pending personal injury. I had to have surgery to repair my tendon and with the pandemic all of that process was delayed an additional 2 in a half months. My doctor told me that that it's my job that caused the injury but I never filed a workman's comp claim can I still do that? I didn't think I had any right to because I can't say exactly when why and can't think of anything I did to cause it. I also haven't worked since March 20th and a month ago I fell and hurt my knee and I'm suppose to get the ok to return to work after my arm is healed and I have this injury to my knee and I know I can't do the work and I don't know what to do cause I'm on a short term disability leave. I live in colorado and I just want to know my options because with this new injury I have my company will not hold my job for me cause of the time I have been gone. I just know that my arm tendon was tore because of my job and my company should be liable for the injury. Does anyone have any information that should help me? I live in the state of Colorado and I'm just dumb when it comes to all this insurance stuff.
    Last edited by Tg1213; 09-07-2020 at 10:13 PM.

Default Re: Can I Still Claim Workman's Comp

My doctor told me that that it's my job that caused the injury but I never filed a workman's comp claim can I still do that? I didn't think I had any right to because I can't say exactly when why and can't think of anything I did to cause it.
    I just know that my arm tendon was tore because of my job and my company should be liable
    It's your responsibility to prove this injury occurred during the course and scope of employment.
    Without knowing when and why this injury occurred, that job will be impossible.
    I have no idea of how a doctor can determine the cause of such an injury unless he's a fortune teller, his theory alone wont sustain your claim.

Consult a lawyer for a free evaluation, you may still have a claim.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.