Default Trial or Settle Crps

My original injury was considered a lower back sprain strain. I later had complications and was diagnosed with crps lower right extremity. Crps was not allowed through the industrial commission process. Trial is coming up. My attorney wants me to settle. He was negotiating the settlement and got back with me today on the results and stated that I have to make a decision today or the amount will go down. Is this true and possible? My company is large and self insured. They use Sedgwick.

Default Re: Trial or Settle Crps

Quote Quoting Amkrum View Post
    My original injury was considered a lower back sprain strain. I later had complications and was diagnosed with crps lower right extremity. Crps was not allowed through the industrial commission process. Trial is coming up. My attorney wants me to settle. He was negotiating the settlement and got back with me today on the results and stated that I have to make a decision today or the amount will go down. Is this true and possible? My company is large and self insured. They use Sedgwick.
    Ok I will give you my opinion based on what I delt with....I wanted my case to go to a jurry because I felt the settlement was not enough.( I would say I valued what I lost more)...My attorney was used to this thinking...So in his words he told me to settle, as there is no garenty that I would get more money but garentyed that the lawyer fees would be much higher...He also supported his opinion on case law in my county to put it in perspective for me...

So in my opinion either ask him what could happen if you take it farther, compaired if you settle outright?
    Best of luck as I understand what a huge decision this is for you.