Default Injured in Another State

My worker's compensation claim was made in the State of PA. I was working on a contract as a RN for my agency in pa. I fell and fractured my left heel, and. the doctor hasn't released me back to work due to the pain.
    I reside in NYS and i am unfamiliar with PA workers comp. Because of my wages, I received the maximum benefit a week for 1,081 dollars. I don't know what to do if i have to attend a hearing for the board, is there any way they would let me do a video conference. If i return to work on light duty, with less hours what will the carrier do

Default Re: Injured in Another State

Quote Quoting nurse387 View Post
    My worker's compensation claim was made in the State of PA. I was working on a contract as a RN for my agency in pa. I fell and fractured my left heel, and. the doctor hasn't released me back to work due to the pain.
    I reside in NYS and i am unfamiliar with PA workers comp. Because of my wages, I received the maximum benefit a week for 1,081 dollars. I don't know what to do if i have to attend a hearing for the board, is there any way they would let me do a video conference. If i return to work on light duty, with less hours what will the carrier do
    At this point all most all PA WC hearings are being conducted by phone. However, if a petition has not been filed, there will not be any hearings to attend. I don't know the date of your injury, but if you have been receiving wage loss benefits for more than 90 days, if you do not actually return to work the insurance carrier would have to file a petition to stop your benefits. I would suggest you hire a PA WC lawyer to assist you. The lawyer is not paid unless his fee agreement is approved by a judge or the Board. Normally that means that your case is involved in active litigation which would require that you obtain an attorney regardless. Up until that point, you are basically receiving legal assistance free of charge.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

My accident date was 7/3/20, however, i wanted to know about working parttime and how it would affect my benefits

If you return to work part time, your wage loss benefit would be reduced. The formula is time of injury average weekly wage minus gross earnings multiplied by 2/3 to obtain the partial rate. Unless you are a very high wage earner pre-injury the reduction in wage loss benefits pretty much wipes out the additional earnings. In addition, the carrier may use your return to part time work to argue that your loss of earnings is as a result of your choice not to return to work full time rather than actual disability from the work injury.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.