Default Urgent- on Pd-Where is Pd Payments Coming from

Ankle injury. Got a lawyer, filed for workers comp.Received TTD up until early October and then was switched to PD because of my appointment In August with ortho doctor ( said I am MMI and can return to work with restrictions). QME doctor appointment in July said he wanted me to get another exam but no one has called to schedule it.
    Questions I have : where is PD coming from? Is that money I have to pay back from the settlement? If so, why?
    Also, can I apply to get a voucher to learn something else that I can get a job in, even if I havenít settled yet?

Frustrated and confused here. Any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Urgent- on Pd-Where is Pd Payments Coming from

Got a lawyer
    Questions I have : where is PD coming from? Is that money I have to pay back from the settlement? If so, why?
    Also, can I apply to get a voucher to learn something else that I can get a job in, even if I haven’t settled yet?
    No none can answer those questions without knowing the facts of your claim - why are you not asking your lawyer these questions?

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

DOI **** From that time, was treated by ortho doctor up until august 2020, he did a final examination and declared me MMI even though QME hasnt done so yet because he is still waiting on results from another exam i havent gotten done yet (i saw QME in July 2020). Because ortho said im MMI, changed my TTD to PD. Then i received a letter saying my PD total is 29,000, paid 580 biweekly. PD payments just started right now in october, and then it says these PD payments will be deducted from any award i receive, plus atty fees. I know my atty has to be paid but why do i have to pay back my PD im receiving from my settlement lump sum?

The voucher, lawer explained it may be about $6000 and is used to be trained in something else, so that i can get a job in that feild im being trained for. My question is if i can apply to get that done now or do i have to wait until i settle my case.
    Last edited by tony; 10-29-2020 at 11:35 AM. Reason: DOI removed

The voucher, lawer explained it may be about $6000 and is used to be trained in something else,
    My question is if i can apply to get that done now or do i have to wait until i settle my case.
    You have to wait until the carrier agrees, what your lawyer says "may be" isn't guaranteed.
    I removed the DOI- don't post info that can identify you.
    This place is for general info, it's not intended for specific legal advise - your lawyer should be advising you on what to expect and when.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.