Default Spinal Fusion, Depression and Anxiety Claim

50% disability rating with fusion and depression combined, insurance Company psych IME confirms depression but says itís not long term Itís going on the fourth year since my injury and beginning of my case (feb 2017) had a second opinion from neurosurgeon and he says I need another surgery due to the ongoing pain I have, the original surgeon (from insurance company) says the fusion is perfect so my lawyer is setting me up for a third opinion now and the insurance companies psychiatrist tht did the IME is supposedly setting me up with a new psychiatrist to continue treatment currently Iím just sitting on my hands everyday literally in limbo wondering what the next step is I honestly want to settle and be done what can I do any advice is appreciated

Default Re: Spinal Fusion, Depression and Anxiety Claim

CharlesOrr
    I’m just sitting on my hands everyday literally in limbo wondering what the next step is I honestly want to settle and be done what can I do any advice is appreciated
    Relax and find something else to worry about, you still have a ways to go - the system is slow, nothing happens in days, weeks or even months in this game.
    After you reach MMI the carrier will make an offer, you will collect TTD until then so times on your side.
    From what you've posted I'd guess you have at least a year or more to go, they usually don't drag it out past five years - don't rush it or appear desperate, the carrier will use it against you.

Relax, enjoy life and let the system play out. - you'll be fine in the end.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.