Default Workers Comp Adjuster Not Responding to My Calls or Emails

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Illinois. I injured my knee 9/15. Informed my employer but an injury report was not filled out. Did not see a dr until 10/14.I was sent to immediate care. X-ray was done and showed nothing. Was sent for MRI. MRI result was my ACL is torn. High grade partial. I was then refered to Ortho. All arranged and chosen for me. Ortho said I need ACL reconstruction surgery. Pre-op PT was ordered. First workers comp adjuster contacted me by email 10/14 and asked 3 questions I answered them and never heard from him again. Just found out that I have a new adjuster via my employer. I sent 2 emails to new adjuster and have gotten no response. Should I be concerned. How long does it take to get approved. Should I have an attorney? I am new to this and have no idea how it all works.

Default Re: Workers Comp Adjuster Not Responding to My Calls or Emails

Was sent for MRI. MRI result was my ACL is torn. High grade partial. I was then refered to Ortho. All arranged and chosen for me.
    First workers comp adjuster contacted me by email 10/14 and asked 3 questions I answered them and never heard from him again. Just found out that I have a new adjuster via my employer. I sent 2 emails to new adjuster and have gotten no response. Should I be concerned. How long does it take to get approved. Should I have an attorney?
    It's only been a month, a new adjuster shouldn't make a difference in the status of your claim - if the first adjuster approved the claim you should be fine.
    If you get a denial, have no further contact with that adjuster and lawyer up.
    It wouldn't hurt to consult a lawyer and see if he'll take the case on a stand by basis, if there is problems he can step in.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.