Thread: Slu

Default Slu

I was given 66% loss for my feet due to chronic plantar fasciitis. Will this help my SSD case?

Default Re: Slu

Quote Quoting Pop21 View Post
    I was given 66% loss for my feet due to chronic plantar fasciitis. Will this help my SSD case?
    It won't hurt but S.S uses a different set of requirements to qualify than worker comp - you must have a total disability that prohibits you from "doing the work that you once did" and unable to "adjust to other forms of work because of this medical condition."

Disability qualifications
    SSDI pays only for total disability, not short-term disabilities.
    According to the SSA, disability is based on a personís inability to work. Their definition is very strict, but you qualify if you meet the following criteria:
    You cannot do the work that you once did.
    Social Security decides that you cannot adjust to other forms of work because of this medical condition.
    Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
    https://eligibility.com/social-security-disability

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Slu

Thanks. Great info