Default Settlement Before MMI

Why would the IC ask about a settlement if I'm not at MMI? I spoke to my lawyer and he is going to meet with me about it next week. The Voc Rehab is basically a dud, since Covid 19, nobody is hiring. Been almost a year looking for something within my restrictions with not so much as a call back or interview. From all I have read online and video, I never heard of this.

Default Re: Settlement Before MMI

Why would the IC ask about a settlement if I'm not at MMI?
    Somebody's telling you wrong or you're misunderstanding what they're saying..
    They can't settle until you're MMI and receive a rating - what would they base a settlement on?
    On top of the fact the courts wont allow it and your attorney shouldn't either.

There are several factors in the formula to determine a settlement, the first one being your final Impairment Rating - without that you don't have a basis for a settlement.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Settlement Before MMI

I probably misunderstood what my lawyer was saying. I had an FCE done in October and haven't had a doctors appointment since then. So I'll see whats going on when I speak with my lawyer this week.