Thread: Fraud

Default Fraud

So i got injured on the job on Dec 2 reported right away and went to the clinic the superviors told me to go to saw the Doc he placed me on restricions until the 16th work placed me on light duty no issues until today I was called to the office and they asked how i was doing how i was feeling I told them I was feeling alot better and looking forward to getting back to work super nice just normal converstation they then asked me about a commit i said to a co worker about how it sucks how i have to stay out a min of 10 days to recieve back pay for hours missed i said yeah? they then told me that it was fraud to stay out just to get a check and if i am feeling better i have to go back to the doctor and be released earlier than the 16th I explained my ankle is still bothering me but its not fraud to follow the doctors orders he then told me if i didn;t like you i wouldnt say anything i would just find a reason to terminate you so think about that.
    my question is it fraud to follow the doctor order to return on the 16th my ankle feels better but not 100% but im worried that if i dont go get released he will try to fire me

Default Re: Fraud

they then asked me about a commit i said to a co worker about how it sucks how i have to stay out a min of 10 days to recieve back pay for hours missed i said yeah? they then told me that it was fraud to stay out just to get a check
    is it fraud to follow the doctor order to return on the 16th
    No, it's not fraud to follow doctor restrictions or make a comment.
    Do not respond, argue or explain yourself - if there's a problem in the future, keep your mouth shut and lawyer up.
    Make no further comments to fellow employees or discus this issue further with anyone - let it die.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.