Default Given No Raise

I was injured at work getting the tip of my right ring finger partially amputated. At my company every year, if they give it out, they give a raise. In 2020 on every employees annual(the anniversary of when they were hired) every employee got a raise. I was injured during that time. I was still with the company. So my question is because everyone got a raise on their annual should I have gotten a raise as well?
    Last edited by usmc8466; 04-27-2021 at 10:09 PM. Reason: correcting

Default Re: Given No Raise

Quote Quoting usmc8466 View Post
    I was injured at work getting the tip of my right ring finger partially amputated. At my company every year, if they give it out, they give a raise. In 2020 on every employees annual(the anniversary of when they were hired) every employee got a raise. I was injured during that time. I was still with the company. So my question is because everyone got a raise on their annual should I have gotten a raise as well?
    I dont see how you would think that?....Do you have it in writing or is something like that in a union contract?...Employers are underno obligation to give raises unleass it was agreed on.

Default Re: Given No Raise

The raises are given company wide. So we would be notified that everyone in the company on their annual is going to get a raise. So say two employees have the same job but one has their annual on say January 1st and gets a raise of 50 cents then the other employee with the same job would get a raise of 50 cents on their annual let's say on December 1st. Basically if it's in the budget everyone get a raise if not then no one does. It's not where some do and some don't. If that makes it clear. I was told by my general manager I would have gotten a 75 cent raise it was what everyone else got.