Default Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: FL

Five years ago, I was assaulted by a special needs student. In that timeframe, the most I have received is radio frequency ablation and meds. I have 5 doctors that have diagnosed/suspected TOS but itís a constant fight for anything: including repayment of $40 for medication the doctor prescribed.

I decided to go back to teaching after a year of recovery. I was in pain daily, but it was manageable. Now, my hands turn blue and ďdieĒ on me, I get dizzy spells, headaches in the back of my head, severe pain, face gets numb.. you name it. I cannot be a Special Needs teacher anymore. I have students who get angry and cannot control their violent outbursts. My dilemma is that my husband is military and we have moved to another state where the pain management doctor says that he does not feel comfortable with workers Comp and giving me work restrictions. If I am able to find a doctor who does give me restrictions, would I be able to receive temp disability checks? I only relieved them for 4-5 months after the injury. Iíve read that this injury gets worse over time and I blame lack of treatment for my decline. Yes, I have a lawyer.. just looking for outside perspective.

Default Re: Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

Quote Quoting MissBLZ View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: FL

Five years ago, I was assaulted by a special needs student. In that timeframe, the most I have received is radio frequency ablation and meds. I have 5 doctors that have diagnosed/suspected TOS but it’s a constant fight for anything: including repayment of $40 for medication the doctor prescribed.

I decided to go back to teaching after a year of recovery. I was in pain daily, but it was manageable. Now, my hands turn blue and “die” on me, I get dizzy spells, headaches in the back of my head, severe pain, face gets numb.. you name it. I cannot be a Special Needs teacher anymore. I have students who get angry and cannot control their violent outbursts. My dilemma is that my husband is military and we have moved to another state where the pain management doctor says that he does not feel comfortable with workers Comp and giving me work restrictions. If I am able to find a doctor who does give me restrictions, would I be able to receive temp disability checks? I only relieved them for 4-5 months after the injury. I’ve read that this injury gets worse over time and I blame lack of treatment for my decline. Yes, I have a lawyer.. just looking for outside perspective.
    Sounds like you dont have an attorney?....Time to get one and get legal help.