Default Workers Comp Settlement

Hello everyone I am located in Oregon. I had a disc herniation at l4/5 and required surgery. After surgery I still have residual disc material at the same location. They denied my claim and we’ve been fighting. They just offered to do a global settlement and I met with my lawyer today to discuss numbers if I choose that route. I was placed on permanent restrictions of no more than 20 pounds, can’t do anything more than sedentary work. My lawyer said we’re looking at 40k maybe 70k but that’s pushing it. I would be loosing all future benefits. I feel like this is awfully low. I have already reherniated two more discs since and it’s likely I will need further surgeries. I was not expecting this low of numbers….. can anyone chime in? Does this seem reasonable?

Default Re: Workers Comp Settlement

Quote Quoting Sj1501 View Post
    Hello everyone I am located in Oregon. I had a disc herniation at l4/5 and required surgery. After surgery I still have residual disc material at the same location. They denied my claim and we’ve been fighting. They just offered to do a global settlement and I met with my lawyer today to discuss numbers if I choose that route. I was placed on permanent restrictions of no more than 20 pounds, can’t do anything more than sedentary work. My lawyer said we’re looking at 40k maybe 70k but that’s pushing it. I would be loosing all future benefits. I feel like this is awfully low. I have already reherniated two more discs since and it’s likely I will need further surgeries. I was not expecting this low of numbers….. can anyone chime in? Does this seem reasonable?
    Here is the loss schedule for your state. https://wcd.oregon.gov/Rules/div_035/35_05074ub.pdf that should give you a guide of what bodey parts pay....The othe facter is the % of injured parts