Default Fav IME but Doc Wants to MMI Me, What Happens Now

Got sent to a ime who did not rate me but said I'm not at mmi and recommended more treatments. but my doc saies he wants to put me at mmi Probley at next appointment. What happens now? Will I get rating from my lni doc so they can close case or do they usually listen to the ime who wants them to continue treating me?

Default Re: Fav IME but Doc Wants to MMI Me, What Happens Now

Will I get rating from my lni doc so they can close case or do they usually listen to the ime who wants them to continue treating me?
    Depends on the injury and the treatments recommended.
    If your doctor says you're MMI, I don't see the carrier arguing with him - they'll probably take it and run.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Lower back injury. 2 annular tears 3 bulging discs. I've done physical therapy and work conditioning along side injections with no to very little relief for the past 6 months.

The ime is referring chiropractor, massage and accuponctuer treatments. And saies cannot return to job of injury no time frame on when I can with current treatments.

The doctor saies I'm to young for surgery they don't know what else they can do that I haven't already done there ready to mmi.

Sounds like you have a company doctor - time to lawyer up and get a new doctor.

You may see a company doctor if you wish, but you have the right to choose your doctor and also to decide who, if anyone, you want to accompany you to the doctor. You have the right to decline to have the company nurse or any employer representative accompany you to the hospital, doctor, or any other medical visit.
    https://lni.wa.gov/claims/for-worker...-need-to-know/

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Just an update.
    the lni doctor is going to agree with the ime sending me to a chiropractor as a last attempt to reduce my pain and then is going to mmi me out in a month regardless of results.

Quote Quoting Kerrio View Post
    Just an update.
    the lni doctor is going to agree with the ime sending me to a chiropractor as a last attempt to reduce my pain and then is going to mmi me out in a month regardless of results.
    Thats not how it should work....Time to get a lawyer, you dont pay up front...This will effect you the rest of your life, make sure you get it done right to protect yourself!