Default Loss of Earning Capacity

If injury was a non scheduled, And i reached MMI with a disability rating of 75% 75% gets 400 weeks . Does WC use your average salary prior to injury ($1600) or do they use 2/3 of my pay like I was receiving when I was getting ttd

Default Re: Loss of Earning Capacity

Quote Quoting Goose58 View Post
    If injury was a non scheduled, And i reached MMI with a disability rating of 75% 75% gets 400 weeks . Does WC use your average salary prior to injury ($1600) or do they use 2/3 of my pay like I was receiving when I was getting ttd
    How was you "recieving" a pay hike "while collecting" TTD - you where off work?

They use the average salary prior to injury.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Quote Quoting tony View Post
    How was you "recieving" a pay hike "while collecting" TTD - you where off work?

They use the average salary prior to injury.

Tony
    Sounds like he is asking if the 400 weeks are on what $ he was making before injury or based on the 66% that he gets from WC? Thats how Im reading it

Quote Quoting airdale View Post
    Sounds like he is asking if the 400 weeks are on what $ he was making before injury or based on the 66% that he gets from WC? Thats how Im reading it
    66% of pre injury wages isn't a pay hike.
    Preinjury wages aren't a pay hike either - He was asking about a pay hike while receiving TTD

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

My average weekly salary was $1600 a week but when i was injured back in 2019, I received a cap of $904 a week for TTD. My question is when they try to figure out my settlement after MMI of 75% of loss of earning capacity do they use to use the amount of money what i was making prior to injury or to the cap of $904.74

do they use to use the amount of money what i was making prior to injury or to the cap of $904.74
    The amount prior to injury.

Tony

Thank you tony

Two-thirds of the of the AWW prior to the jnjury
    For injuries that happened between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, the maximum is $966.78 per week.

Nonscheduled Awards
    If you have a permanent disability to your spine, head, organs, or another part of the body not listed on the schedule, you may receive permanent partial disability benefits. The amount of the payments will be two-thirds of the difference between your pre-injury average weekly wage and your current earning capacity (as determined based on your specific disability and state guidelines). The maximum number of weeks you'll receive these benefits will depend on the percentage of your lost earning capacity, according to a formula in New York law. For example, you'll receive benefits for no more than 500 weeks if you've lost 91% of your earning capacity, while a 15% loss of earning capacity will result in benefits for no more than 225 weeks.
    https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...-new-york.html