Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: QME Change

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2022

    Default QME Change

    Can I change my existing QME with new one?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 1971

    Default Re: QME Change

    Quote Quoting thumper View Post
    Can I change my existing QME with new one?
    You can if you have good reason, like the initial appointment cannot be scheduled within 60 days or the QME has a disqualifying conflict of interest.
    A QME is done by a panel of three approved QME's selected at random by the DWC, it's not one doctor - you nor the employer has any control over which panel that will do the evaluation.
    Before you go any further, you better consult and retain a lawyer.

    Here's the form.
    State of California
    Division of Workers' Compensation - Medical Unit
    Replacement Panel Request-8 Cal. Code of Regulations section 31.5

    Here are some of the reasons for the request.
    31.5. QME Replacement Requests.

    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Similar Threads

  1. Change
    By othersdeofthru in forum Arizona
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-16-2017, 04:41 PM
  2. How to Change PTP
    By johnb in forum California
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 12:42 PM
  3. Td and Std-Change in Pay for Td
    By MassDawn in forum Massachusetts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 09:33 AM
  4. IME Change?
    By lifechange in forum New York
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 10:47 PM
  5. Job Change
    By sdmike in forum Employment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 07:44 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Find a Lawyer