Thread: IME

Default IME

So i just had 2 IMEs this past month. Psychiatric and orthopedic. Just received the report for my psychiatric and it states i reached MMI with my weekly psychotherapy sessions but i still need once a month sessions with my psychiatrist to keep on prescribing my medication. Also stated that i cant go back to my prior job and i cant do any physical jobs. Only a part time job. What can i expect now to happen?

Default Re: IME

You'll receive a final PPD rating and begin receiving PPD payments based on that rating.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Quote Quoting tony View Post
    You'll receive a final PPD rating and begin receiving PPD payments based on that rating.

Tony
    What if my doctors don't agree with the evaluation from the IME, and dont think i reached MMI?

Quote Quoting Goose58 View Post
    What if my doctors don't agree with the evaluation from the IME, and dont think i reached MMI?
    Then you go to trial - time to lawyer up.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

I have a lawyer. Its just scary that their own doctor dont see me working back at my old job and only have me working a non physical part time job. Thats nowhere near the money that i was making before my injury.

I have a lawyer. Its just scary that their own doctor dont see me working back at my old job and only have me working a non physical part time job. Thats nowhere near the money that i was making before my injury.
    If you have a lawyer, he should be explaining how this works. You still collect PPD even if you have a part time job, they deduct what you make from your payments.

tony

Quote Quoting tony View Post
    If you have a lawyer, he should be explaining how this works. You still collect PPD even if you have a part time job, they deduct what you make from your payments.

tony
    I understand what your saying but i think its unfair for those who are injured at an early age. Im in my early 40s and lets say i reach MMI and get PPD payments for lets say 5 years. Iíll be in my late 40s with just a part time job. How can you survive with just working a part time job.

I understand what your saying but i think its unfair for those who are injured at an early age. Im in my early 40s and lets say i reach MMI and get PPD payments for lets say 5 years. I’ll be in my late 40s with just a part time job. How can you survive with just working a part time job.
    Social Security - You should apply now, you can collect Social Security Disability, Workers Comp or PPD at the same time.

Just because that quack IME says you can work a part time job doesn't mean you have to, there may not be a part time job available (hint) - you can still collect SSDI even if you do work part time and have a disability as defined by SSDI

Are you working?
    We generally use earnings guidelines to evaluate whether your work activity is SGA. If you are working in 2022 and your earnings average more than $1,350 ($2,260 if you’re blind) a month, you generally cannot be considered to have a qualifying disability.

What We Mean by Disability
    We consider you to have a qualifying disability under Social Security rules if all the following are true:
    *You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity (SGA) because of your medical condition.
    *You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
    *Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.

How You Qualify
    To qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits, you must:
    Have worked in jobs covered by Social Security.
    Have a medical condition that meets Social Security's strict definition of disability.
    In general, we pay monthly benefits to people who are unable to work for a year or more because of a disability. Benefits usually continue until you can work again on a regular basis. There are also several special rules, called work incentives, that provide continued benefits and health care coverage to help you make the transition back to work.

If you are receiving SSDI benefits when you reach full retirement age, your disability benefits automatically convert to retirement benefits, but the amount remains the same.
    https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/disability/qualify.html

Again, your lawyer should be explaining this stuff to you - if you don't have one I strongly recommend you retain one NOW!!

Tony