Default A Second Deposition

Hi, I hired another law firm. The state doctor said I need back spine surgery, I refuse that surgery in this time of my life, I was offered a very low settlement. Reason I found another attorney is because my interest is get a settlement that may cover the cost of such mentioned surgery, in the future. My interest were not heard from my former attorney. Well, Now my question to you guys, I got a notice for a second deposition. What to expect from it? I told my new hired attorney to fight for a higher settlement amount. I am not trying to make rich at this personal loss, I just need to protect myself.

Default Re: A Second Deposition

I refuse that surgery in this time of my life, I was offered a very low settlement. Reason I found another attorney is because my interest is get a settlement that may cover the cost of such mentioned surgery,
    Most back injuries like ruptured disk or annular tears resolve within five years without surgery - your condition will improve in time not get worse.
    They never pay for anything in advance, let alone a surgery - If you feel you may need surgery in the future, don't settle.
    Even if you could get them to pay for a future surgery - they'd pay the provider, surgeon not you AFTER the surgery.

They're not going to pay for a surgery you refused - how do they know you'll need surgery in the future or even agree to one.
    You can't refuse surgery and think you're going to get paid for one.
    Settlements are meant to close your claim from future liability, what you want defeats that purpose.

I got a notice for a second deposition. What to expect from it?
    The same as the first - they'll be looking for inconsistencies.
    I'm sure they'll be probing into why you refused surgery - it must be your back's better.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.