Default Who Schedules an "Certified" Mri

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: CA.
    I have a UR which "certified" an MRI of the spine. Who does the scheduling with an MRI facility, the requesting doctor, the insurance adjustor, the defense, or my attorney? I ask as in the past, I had "Certified" UR's which were never acted on and they expired.

I thank you in advance for your helpful guidance.

Default Re: Who Schedules an "Certified" Mri

Who does the scheduling with an MRI facility, the requesting doctor, the insurance adjustor, the defense, or my attorney?
    Usually it's the doctor but any of the above can request one if they have just cause and willing to pay for it.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Who Schedules an "Certified" Mri

Quote Quoting Oddduckie View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: CA.
    I have a UR which "certified" an MRI of the spine. Who does the scheduling with an MRI facility, the requesting doctor, the insurance adjustor, the defense, or my attorney? I ask as in the past, I had "Certified" UR's which were never acted on and they expired.

I thank you in advance for your helpful guidance.
    So you have a utilization review certified MRI of your spine. That means the insurance company has authorized your MRI. The scheduling typically comes from your primary treating physician and their staff. It would be very atypical for the defense to schedule an MRI, if you were unrepresented and pro per, meaning you don't have a lawyer the insurance adjuster would schedule your MRI. Your lawyer would definitely not schedule your MRI due to the fact that we are also overwhelmed out here since they cut our fees down to nothing we're barely keeping our head above water. It would be your primary treating physician or your PTP. That would be the appropriate person to schedule your MRI, unless the MRI was ordered through a QME or an AMA and then the MRI would be sent to QME or AME and your PTP would be CCed. I hope this helps and please feel free to respond if you have any other questions.
    Ryan Davis, Esquire.
    Managing Partner
    Golden State Worker's Compensation Attorneys
    3636 Camino Del Rio N Ste 120
    San Diego, CA 92108
    https://workerscompensationlawyerssandiego.com/