Default Do I Receive Yearly Bonus if I'm on Workers Comp

Hello. I'm in NYS. I recently hurt my neck/back at work. My company Doctor said I can't work until they figure out what happened. I basically can't move my left arm and I'm guessing it's some kind of pinched nerve. My workers comp claim was approved as of 11/12. Each year we receive a bonus around this time of year. Bonus is due to be paid next week before Thanksgiving. My work is now telling me I don't get my yearly bonus that I've earned because I'm on workers compensation? How is this right? Or is it right? I've been doing some research and what I'm seeing is they have to pay me. Does anyone know anything about if they must pay me next week? Obviously I've earned the bonus and worked all year for it. Any input or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Do I Receive Yearly Bonus if I'm on Workers Comp

Quote Quoting brigreen529 View Post
    Hello. I'm in NYS. I recently hurt my neck/back at work. My company Doctor said I can't work until they figure out what happened. I basically can't move my left arm and I'm guessing it's some kind of pinched nerve. My workers comp claim was approved as of 11/12. Each year we receive a bonus around this time of year. Bonus is due to be paid next week before Thanksgiving. My work is now telling me I don't get my yearly bonus that I've earned because I'm on workers compensation? How is this right? Or is it right? I've been doing some research and what I'm seeing is they have to pay me. Does anyone know anything about if they must pay me next week? Obviously I've earned the bonus and worked all year for it. Any input or help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Do you have that in writing? A union contract? If you dont why do you think they would be so kind and nice? Isnt business about making money? Hate to be brutal, but ive never worked for anyone that was nice or fair?

Default Re: Do I Receive Yearly Bonus if I'm on Workers Comp

brigreen529
    My work is now telling me I don't get my yearly bonus that I've earned because I'm on workers compensation? How is this right? Or is it right? I've been doing some research and what I'm seeing is they have to pay me.
    Unless you have a labor contract stating such, they don't have to do anything.
    Where did you see they have to pay you without a contract?

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.