Thread: Ptd Process

Question Ptd Process

Hi gang, I have been away a long time and mamy of my orginal friends from here has disappeared. A brief description I was injured and been on TTD since 8/9/2011. I finally filed for my PTD.

My questions are about the process. I believe after my papers are filed with IC commission there is a waiting period, how long is that?

Will they wait till after that waiting period to schedule my exams or do they do that in the waiting period?

I am just nervous and scared. I have had 29 exams (combination of Physical amd Physc) and all reports say I can not return to work. I was told in a voc rehab that there was no Jon's. I was given 2 -4 hour shifts while sitting with no lifting, bending, turning physically and no work period mentally, so they closed my case and we appealed it all the way out. I just worry that I will get a dr that says something different, so I hope these are scheduled quickly.

Thanks again. I will be around to help anyone I can.

Default Re: Ptd Process

I was injured and been on TTD since 8/9/2011. I finally filed for my PTD.
    Why did you do that if you're still receiving TTD? Did your doctor determine you've reached maximum medical improvement (MMI)
    Once you reach MMI the carrier will send you to an IME and he'll assign a rating - they'll then determine your PTD on that rating.
    Your doctor will also assign a rating, you would then counter with that rating if its higher.

The goal is to stay on TTD for as long as possible, once you reach MMI and receive your PTD your case is settled and closed.

I believe after my papers are filed with IC commission there is a waiting period, how long is that?

Will they wait till after that waiting period to schedule my exams or do they do that in the waiting period?
    I'm not sure of what you're talking about- there is no waiting period.
    They wait until you reach MMI and have your IME exam.

Sounds like you don't have a lawyer - you better consult and retain one before you proceed any further.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.